New Vista Build - Goodbye Hourglass

And not because it forces people to upgrade to Vista to play the newest and latest games. No, of course not.

:)
And considering they would have to rewrork the entire graphic driver on Xp, how Xp handles DirectX, adding in support for both DirectX10 and DirectX9 with no conflicts. They did a better explanation in the first\second part of the DirectX article in the game section(There are 4 parts the one posted is the fourth)

Wrong. There can be software that isnt for sale anywhere (ala old games), but said software is still under copyright, so it's still stealing.

YOUR NOT GETTING THE FRIGGIN POINT. if the developer makes it free its free!!! doesnt matter where you download it.

YOUR NOT GETTING THE FRIGGIN POINT. if the developer makes it free its free!!! doesnt matter where you download it.
Unless you're required to obtain an officially-issued installation key in order to legally use said free product. Register with MS and you're fine. Unless they stopped allowing that. But I got my key a while ago, so meh.

And considering they would have to rewrork the entire graphic driver on Xp, how Xp handles DirectX, adding in support for both DirectX10 and DirectX9 with no conflicts. They did a better explanation in the first\second part of the DirectX article in the game section(There are 4 parts the one posted is the fourth)

Still doesn't make me wrong :)

Thats why I put an and in there to add on to yours.
Think of it this way, Microsoft hasn't released an OS in 6 years....they wanna make some extra money.

i dont really understand why you couldnt torrent it since the beta cd keys can be used on up to 10 pcs at once
using a torrent to get any of the builds is not an allowed form of distribution by microsoft.

that's it, simple as that.. ms has said you're not allowed to acquire it via torrents, but only via them.

yeah it does, and the "LOL MS IS K?UST MAK1N U PGRAD CVISTA FOR DX10 LOLZ WHERES WOW!??! INSET WIT" is old and tired. :x :dozey:

they could somehow implement everything that's in vista into xp, just like you could with any os just it would be stupid, long, hard, pointless, bad business and so on.. did i mention stupid ? :p

but then again its really pointless to use a torrent to get it anyways considering you could have 20x the speed possibly more downloading from the ms servers

Yea I'm sure that was one of the execs thinking that.

But also realize how much they would have to rewrite of XP to get it to work. I mean it's no longer just like a set of .lib and .dll that you can copy over, this is baked right into the OS now with it running the desktop and such.

Since DX10 is so much more low-level and closer to the hardware it will be faster, thus if you did the same with XP you sort of ruin the point of having DX10 (and not to mention that you would have to re-write parts of DX10 to take advantage of it, and you would also have to have a seperate team to maintain XP... Why have two teams, especially if one of those teams know they won't get as good as performance as the others?)

The point is that DX10 is not just another "step up", it has lots of big changes not only for game developers, but for all of consumers with how it's baked directly into Windows (no those business people get to experience DirectX)...

I'm sure Microsoft realizes that it's going to be losing a big chunk of people that won't have DX10 if they make it vista-exclusive.

Would it be possible for you to upload those in a larger size? I use the large-default pointers, and switching back to the smaller size is killing me. But thanks anyway, I love the look of the new ones :D
Sorry I didn't upload those, found them via google. A quick search for the large variety yielded no results but you may have better luck.

Back