Nice Job sir....

Spaz_McNasty

Reaction score
i just wanted to priase this man for writhing a letter...and i am glad to hear that this wont be irgnored...it wont stop them completly but it will slow them down......
I just got this email from gabe!!! This is what I wrote:

Hi Gabe, my name is Jacob Freeman. I have wrote to you a few times in
the past, and I even shook your hand at E3 and got your autograph. I
now have it framed and I treat it like its my first born Anyways,
just a quick question...

I have noticed that recently Counter-Strike Source has been leaked to
the net, although, oddly enough, people who download Counter-Strike
Source illegally, are able to play, through Steam. Can you update to
prevent this? It just really pisses me off when people steal games
without paying for them. I recently pre-purchased the "gold" version
and I couldn't be more happy. If my $90 bucks goes towards Half-Life
3, then I will be more than happy to buy 5 of them BTW, will there
be a Half-Life 3?

Anyways, I just wanted to make you aware of Warez version of
Counter-Strike Source, and I hope that you can make an update so the
stealing bastards can't play. Thanks and hopefully Half-Life 2 goes
gold soon!

Gabe's email:

We'll shut them down. Thanks for the mail.

hey that was my email!!! :D here is the actual email...

Attachments

• Email to Gabe.PNG
    Email to Gabe.PNG
    32.3 KB · Views: 492
I really hope they'll MAC ban those suckers for life and bans the cd-keys of all their games. Makes them buy a new network card + a lot of hassle. :hmph:

operative x said:
whats this gmail stuff???

It's Googles eMail system. Currently in Beta.

You get 1 GB (thats right, gigabyte, not megabyte) of storage space.

Want an invite?

PM me with your current eMail address for an invite to gmail.

god it does'nt take long for the A**holes to hack, its a full time job for them to keep them out. :flame:

Sooner or later they will get sick of all the updates and just buy it, they wont be able to keep up.

WhiteZero said:
It's Googles eMail system. Currently in Beta.

You get 1 GB (thats right, gigabyte, not megabyte) of storage space.

Want an invite?

PM me for an invite to gmail.

plus its a superfast email system. Better and smoother than other systems. :D

And this email is Awsome man, you did the right job. I think Gabe is seriouse about it:| he is defnetly going to do it,

PvtRyan said:
I really hope they'll MAC ban those suckers for life and bans the cd-keys of all their games. Makes them buy a new network card + a lot of hassle. :hmph:

ehrrr ......... MAC address banning is about as useless as banning an IP .... you can change your mac just as you can change your IP through software, try this ::

1.Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel and double click on network and Dial-up Connections.
2.Right click on the NIC you want to change the MAC address and click on properties.
3.Under “General” tab, click on the “Configure” button
4.Click on “Advanced” tab
5.Under “Property section”, you should see an item called “Network Address” or "Locally Administered Address", click on it.
6.On the right side, under “Value”, type in the New MAC address you want to assign to your NIC. Usually this value is entered without the “-“ between the MAC address numbers.
7.Goto command prompt and type in “ipconfig /all” or “net config rdr” to verify the changes. If the changes are not materialized.
8.Reboot your systems.

This is not to mention that some routers have MAC spoofing built in. My network router allows me to change the MAC address of the network to whatever I want. There are MANY ways to spoof or change the MAC.

now if they were to hunt them down and sue them :eek: THAT would shut them down.........

And all this time I thought Gabe Newell was a cold hearted...and that's where Gmail comes in play, Gmail is awesome...'nuff said.

Oxygenetic said:
And all this time I thought Gabe Newell was a cold hearted...and that's where Gmail comes in play, Gmail is awesome...'nuff said.

werd ..... i have gmail and im lovin it

PvtRyan said:
Is the MAC-address sent with Steam?? :( Doesn't make much difference to me, but it's a step further towards utter control...

end the monarchy!

ive seen animal's with higher IQ's.

.. oops, I mean, go Valve! yay

i think gmail is kind a shitty thing. it not supports opera browser (i'm using it, better then firefox tbh), and it requires activeX shit. but the idea of 1 gig storage was nice :]

and.. ARGHH ! why ya land rats don't like us pirates ? ARGHHH ! :farmer:

This is good news. An update like this could make the Steam system almost pirate proof. (not completely, since no system is perfect)

send some "code of death"...make their PC explode..justice is served...

I'll give invites, as well! I have a ton of them!
PM me for invites, if you're interested.

In Gabe we Trust.

Yes , i believe the Gabernator is our salvation!

lol, i havent had any sleep!! HELP ME!!

Good to hear that they will be doing something about it. I was really pissed today after I heard someone in my class talking about how cool "Counterstrike with like physics stuff" is. :LOL: He told me he warezed it and I knew it must of been CS:S.

I was wondering how he could play online...hope they ban all those assholes. :cool:

this is one of the most friendly threads i have ever seen.....
f it....i got 2 gmail invites left who wants them

ps dont kill the ninjas

you kiddies don't even work for your $90...so shut up...
and btw. seems like gabe doesn't care much about that. Hopefully there will be a GOTY edition of hl2 with cs:s key to play online etc. for $10 in the next years :naughty:
I want my TF 2...NOW

i don't mean to go off topic, (and hi jakup, recognise your sig from your other favourite forums ;) ) but Gorgon, is your sig for real? aimbots are bad, they ruin the game!

people who use warez versions of cs:s should get a job and try to actually buy something for once
also people who use aimbots and hacks really suck
espicially speed hacks

Back