Nightfall Media Update

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
It's a riddle wrapped in a mystery wrapped in an enigma. The slick flash website is so scary I hid behind the sofa (quite an achievement considering my sofa is two floors downstairs) and didn't come out for half an hour. Maybe that's why all I know about it is that you play John Dalton, an ordinary man in an ordinary town...wait, no, sorry, a resistance member in the brutal concrete sprawl of City-17. His hideout raided, his escape route blocked, he's captured by the Combine and shipped off to a remote facility. But this is only the beginning, and darker things are apparently afoot - though quite what they are is anyone's guess.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]A media update was released today in this thread, and it's looking pretty damn nice. There are a whole load of dark and mysterious screenshots available at nightfallmod.net. I'm just rubbish at navigating flash sites. I'm sure you clever people can work it all out.

Very cool, love the last ss the most!

Nice, especially since most environments are quite different from those seen in HL2, nicely done.

Utterly brilliant! The environmental effects are top notch. They have some very talented artists from what I can see, and their website is kick-ass to boot. The only room for improvement would definitely have to be custom level textures. Otherwise, wonderful work!

unexpected but very awesome

edit: check out the site, it's really awesome

Thank you for the feedback people :)

EDIT : Hmmm I didnt post here in a long-ass time :p

lookin very good, Flash websites with lots of useless information annoy me though

Can't make sense of the little flash screenshots that come up when you click something. What the Hell does "Don't we all bleed red blood?" have to do with a pic of some Combine in a tunnel?

Yay! Another SP mod. Bring it on. Hope this goes as well as it's looking.

That website is bloody awesome. Really nice work on that. Nice dark spooky music as well. All good :)

The preview posters are fantastic! Great stuff, I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on this one.

I love to see people who use the beauty of HL2. There is some amazing use of the engine to create some truly awesome looking locales. I'm super psyched for this mod.

While some people may not understand things like "Don't we all bleed red blood" I'm glad to see this mod team has gone above and beyond in the art department.

pretty map screens. i don''t like the bloomy look though, looks very fake.

I think alot of all this bloom stuff is replicating camera effects, you don't really see stuff that way in daily life, and in a fps, your replicating viewing through your eyes, not a camera

nice work, keep it up :thumbs:

-dodo

edit: sorry for double post, dont know what happend there :S

-dodo

Are they using HDR in the first couple screenshots?

It looks fantastic

Is that our Cremator666's work? Good job!

The head for the assassin render looks a little big, that is all that I don't like. The rest is fan****ingtastic.

Holy shit, Cremator's on this mod? I fully support/endorse this product and/or service!

Insane work and progress, must be a really good team behind all the high quality stuff you've done so far.

EDIT: Also, best looking maps I've ever seen :O

Looks terrific! Here's hoping the game plays as good as the screenshots. We really could use more quality single player modifications.

I like the fact that so many SP mods are being built as "side stories" for the main HL2 game. Shows how potentially expansive the multiverse Valve created is.

EDIT: I checked out the site. Looks like this is going to mix the standard Zombie-and-Combine-blasting with some creepy supernatural themes(I would say that it sounds similar to F.E.A.R., but I never played that game so I won't comment). I'm not really a fan of horror games, but I'm interested.

This looks like it'll be great, the maps sure look amazing. cant wait for this and the next portion of minerva! Fabulous!

Back