No More Room In Hell "City of Dawn" Map Preview

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
For all the Zombie fans out there: while D.E.A.D. is shaping up to be the essential Team vs. Team Multiplayer mod, it looks like No More Room In Hell is for the gamers who prefer to tackle a more traditional, computer controlled undead horde. The latter game type, rather than concentrating on core gameplay and balancing, relies much more on the maps in which you play. When fighting the predictable computer, a simplistic map can ruin the whole experience. You want something large enough to create depth, yet simultaneously claustrophobic so to inspire fear. You want No More Room In Hell’s upcoming map, “City of Dawn”.

"City of Dawn", just as the name indicates, is very much a city and one our largest maps to date. As survivors, it is up to the players to navigate their way through the smoldering ruins of this once prosperous city and seek the road to freedom, preferably in a car with a tank full of gas. Of course with a city infested with zombies escape or safety can be often elusive and a gruesome death more readily assured.
[br]

[br]Feast on the “No More Room In Hell” website here.

[w0f]Oblivion said:
Lovely, Just lovely.

God, that was quick!

Personally I can't wait for NMRIH; I love the concept of zombie mods, and when Zombie Master gets boring, I want a source-based survival game I can fall back to :) The most recent survival mod was "brainbread", and that's for Half-Life 1, (plus it's incredibly boring). In fact, before realistic physics were avaliable, it wasn't very fun to "survive" in games. What's the point in trying to hide from zombies if you can't barricade the door? :p

I keep reading these previews and stuff for zombie games, but yet to get to play any. I was able to find a zombie mini mod server for CS, but it was pretty lame because it made it (or they made it) where there was NO LIGHT in maps at all... every texture was black. which looked like shit when the sky showed a bright sunny day. If anyone knows a server that plays that mod, and they don't turn off all the lights, let me get an IP.

Looks fantastic, I too can not wait to do another zombie game. I freaking love the Resident Evil series, so I hope this takes some of what makes that series great and expands upon it.

I can't wait for this one, and Dystopia...but Dystopia is soon to come.. :D

These screens look fantastic :) Good job guys

Now populate those maps and gimme a gun! ;)

This map's lighting doesn't impress me, but still.... keep up the good work

How many Zombie mods do we have for HL2 now?

Zombie Master,
NMRIH,
Any else?

Well, personally if it's one thing I never have hope in it's zombie mods. One gets announced and shut down all on a daily basis back when HL2 first came out. To see one that's actually doing some great work and not just showing concept art (I'm looking at you D.E.A.D.) is nice to know.

I'm a big fan Zombie Panic, but this seems right up my ally. So, I'm just waiting for ZP:S and N.M.R.I.H. (we gotta figure out an easier nickname!) to be released and I will be all good...

Reiterate that as "How many Zombie mods are there for HL2 that are actually likely to see the light of day?"

My money's on D.E.A.D, and NMRIH, and of course ZM merely because I'm working on it. But I don't doubt that some sleeper hits will appear. But, the majoiry of "announced" zombie mods aren't going to get past the concept art stage.

And those are some mighty impressive skyscrapers.

-Angry Lawyer

looks amazing. But "computer controlled undead horde" means "singleplayer," right? Last I heard this was going to be a multi-player ONLY game......

Oh well... better for me, a helpless 56ker..

Nice work guys, I'm hoping for my poster submission to be on those walls eventually.

Also guys, dont rule ZP:S out just yet. We're just keeping quiet... Expect a media release concerning both the Hl1 version and the source version soonish. We've got it where it counts, playable code is more promising then concept art. It saddens me to see so many mods, (especially zombie mods) with fancy artwork and no coder.

Suicide42 said:
You wand No More Room In Hell’s upcoming map, “City of Dawn”.

Sorry to be picky, spelling mistake on 'want' :)

Map looks cool, good job

Supernorn said:
It saddens me to see so many mods, (especially zombie mods) with fancy artwork and no coder.

*Resists the urge to plug Zombie Master*

-Angry Lawyer

Hurry up and get a site going for Zombie Master. And while you're at it, hurry up and give me the beta or something. Please? I don't eat much, and I don't know the difference between right and wrong.

MrMan said:
Sorry to be picky, spelling mistake on 'want' :)

Shhh :rolleyes:

And I want a Zombie Master site too. *pokes Ennui*

Well, after seeing those rather awesome shots, I feel inspired to map again.

-Angry Lawyer

The map looks awesome. I can't wait to take on some zombies that aren't headcrabs for a change.

Thanks for the comments everyone. It's not my map, but I thank you on the behalf of my team.

Rebel Racer said:
looks amazing. But "computer controlled undead horde" means "singleplayer," right? Last I heard this was going to be a multi-player ONLY game......

Oh well... better for me, a helpless 56ker..

Actually, it is purely multiplayer. It's all cooperative gameplay. The zombies are controlled by AI. I hope that clears it up for you.

Suicide42 said:
Shhh :rolleyes:

And I want a Zombie Master site too. *pokes Ennui*
I need some more stuff from other people before I can get it up!

Ennui said:
I need some more stuff from other people before I can get it up!

As long as it doesn't involve website coding or similiar complicated crap, say it and it's done :borg:

slumber said:
Actually, it is purely multiplayer. It's all cooperative gameplay. The zombies are controlled by AI. I hope that clears it up for you.
Actually, as the opposing team is full of NPC Zombies, you could theoretically play it on your own, although you're probably likely to get beaten really quick.
So it's not purely multiplayer :p

-Angry Lawyer

Ha. True indeed. I didn't want to say suggest that, though, and imply that playing by yourself is an acceptable way to play.

The goal of the gameplay is that you must use teamwork to survive.

I do not need teamwork- I am uber leet skillzor. You see, I control the code. The code man. I can do it with my thoughts. Far out, dude.

slumber said:
Ha. True indeed. I didn't want to say suggest that, though, and imply that playing by yourself is an acceptable way to play.

The goal of the gameplay is that you must use teamwork to survive.

Just felt like contradicting someone. It's an irresistable urge.

-Angry Lawyer

Back