Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

aquabelic

Reaction score
Today I finally finished playing Half-Life 2.
Grrrrr!
WHy the intence cliff hanging ending.
I am really glad that there are rumors about Valve ar ein development of Half-Life 3... :imu:
It was like watching a five star movie, but actually witnessing and taking part in it.

But I hope the third game does not come out in less then two years, because if it took them over four years to build a magnifisent game, then I guess they should have all the time that they need.

:D

::Anton :imu:

It took so long to develope Half-Life 2 becuase they where developing the Source Engine at the same time.

I agree. Half-Life 2 feels like a cinematic experience.

Yeah, hopefully their next baby will be done in at the most two years, but that's probably too much to ask for. Don't know how many tweaks will be made to Source for HL3. Hopefully that will be the final game though. I'd like to see it last a little longer than this one too. Say, Doom 3 length maybe?

Can you imagine how awesome it would have been if Half-Life 2 had kept going for about 6-10 more hours with more plot twists and gameplay developments??????

EDIT: BTW, am I the ONLY ONE who found Doom 3 remarkably unscary? Extremely badass at parts, but by all means not scary... in fact some of the monsters cracked me up a little. Like that bastard who would run up and bitch slap you with his elastic arm. First time I ran into one of those suckers I died because I couldn't stop laughing. And the mermaid/horsefly/baby monsters that hopped around.

The funniest monsters in Doom 3 for me were the skeletons with jetpacks... seriously, wtf? And the upside down heads were pretty funny too. I was almost at the end of that game but then my hard drive crashed, and I didn't feel like playing through it again.

Kyo said:
It took so long to develope Half-Life 2 becuase they where developing the Source Engine at the same time.

I agree. Half-Life 2 feels like a cinematic experience.
It is a cinematic experience...

Audiophile said:
It is a cinematic experience...

Or like Gabe put it: a movie created in co-operation with the player, and where the lead actor doesn't have a copy of the script.

i also JUST finished hl2.... all i can say about the game is.... WHAT A TEASE! it WAS too short...

I dont think it was too short. You can only make a fps so long before it gets repetitive, although valve could probably pull it off.

well, it took HL2 6 years in developement since 1998... that's why my guess is... HL3 will be released by 2010. I hope not...

well i really dont think we're looking at more than 4 yrs in development, remembering that they had to make a whole new graphics engine with new physics like rag doll, and the abilty for ALMOST ANYTHING in the game to have its own reaction/movemen, like the wood being able to break into smalled pieces or the new A.I, everything takes time, but they've dont the bulk of it already, im guessing that HL3 will still be able to scale back to lower end systems so the Graphics wont be improved to much

Funny how id says that Doom 3, id is still a wonderful company, is suppose to be scary as hell, even with the lights offit was not really.

But then HL2, those damb headcrabs coming at you, while your bullets are easily being wasted, tense movements and a lot of them.

One of the most random intresting movements in HL2 is the first level when you get to pass the playground, and the swings sway realistaclly, and the spinny things follows the physical laws.

I am guessing that those whom are working at Valve have a bit of Science Geek in them, cool! There are people like me!

::Anton :O

There will be Half-Life 3.... Wa Wa Waaaa....

Yeah, Valve will probably push for a two-year development length. They already have the engine done

Jenga said:
Yeah, Valve will probably push for a two-year development length. They already have the engine done

Learning from the success of HL2, they should note not to over do HL3 just for the profit, because that's how all good things usually come to an end.

::Anton :sleep:

SqueakyWaffle said:
The funniest monsters in Doom 3 for me were the skeletons with jetpacks... seriously, wtf? And the upside down heads were pretty funny too. I was almost at the end of that game but then my hard drive crashed, and I didn't feel like playing through it again.

Why do people post senseless and uninformed drivel like what I have just quoted?

They are revenants, and they aren't jetpacks, they hold rockets.

Whatever they are they don't make any damn sense. Why the hell do they have rockets? That's not scary OR fun, just screwed up. If I was in charge, they would be the first to go.

Although I would keep the Stretch-Armstrong guys just for the laughs.

I for one was almost tearing my desk apart.

Here I was getting psyched up for some heroic escape and then "Time? Dr Freeman?"

GAH!

Go away, I want to escape with Alyx!

Wanker.

lol whats that noooooooooo! for?

i played call of duty, medal of honor, those war games after HL2, man, those games suck so much now...... i guess my noooooooooooo! would be nooooooooo! more good games until HL3

lammmbda said:
lol whats that noooooooooo! for?

i played call of duty, medal of honor, those war games after HL2, man, those games suck so much now...... i guess my noooooooooooo! would be nooooooooo! more good games until HL3

For the "noooooooooo!" thing I guess I meant that disapointment is felt that I have finished HL2, and that the story is in halt...

So basically pretty much what you meant. :)

::Anton :)

Escaping with Alyx would be REALLY cliche.

I don't like Alyx anyway. She's whiney and she's not hot. Who the hell came up with the idea that she's hot? Sheesh.

The G-Man pwns Alyx. It would be really un-Half-Lifey if you made an escape from the collapsing Citadel, and it would be really implausible. And don't say, "Oh and a government agent freezing time and putting you into stasis IS plausible?" because you know exactly what I mean.

PvtRyan said:
Or like Gabe put it: a movie created in co-operation with the player, and where the lead actor doesn't have a copy of the script.

Amen to that. :)

duckmoose said:
Escaping with Alyx would be REALLY cliche.

I don't like Alyx anyway. She's whiney and she's not hot. Who the hell came up with the idea that she's hot? Sheesh.

The G-Man pwns Alyx. It would be really un-Half-Lifey if you made an escape from the collapsing Citadel, and it would be really implausible. And don't say, "Oh and a government agent freezing time and putting you into stasis IS plausible?" because you know exactly what I mean.

What you talkin' 'bout 'boie! Alyx has to be one of my favorite characters in a video game to date. Not that there is amazing character development, in fact there is almost none, but that she feels so real. She is attractive, but not unbelievable, her reactions and motives feel life-like, and the graphics and animation bring her to life. I just built up an emotional connection with Alyx unlike anyother game.

That said, I hope she does die just because I don't want Valve to just save her because she is established and liked but to kill her off because that is what should happen. (That or they find a believable way to save her that advances the plot; the latter is prefered :E )

Before too long, Morgan Freeman or any of the other 2 billion actor/actresses won't have a job making all these {mysterious} movies..It'll all be done through first person shooter games, and third person cinematics...lol :bonce:

Back