Not buying Half-Life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossell

Reaction score
Sorry everybody but I'm gonna cancel my pre-order.

With Steam and everything messing up the HL community as such, I also discovered that you have to pay a £10-a-month subscription to play mods.

Sorry folks, but I think my relationship with Valve may be over.

Lmao 10 dollar subscription is optional.

You can still play free mods released online and the multiplayer included with your purchase...

lol

wow u have been here since May, but u're still a headcrap.

err....didn't they say buying the traditional version, u can get sp + mp with free mods like before.

YUPPIE! Some people are so f'in gullable to rumours! If you dont buy HL2 you will be missing out on something amazing. So with that said...
*SUCKS FOR YOU SIR!* :D

lol..i love dumb people. Good thing there will be fewer 12 year olds and morons playing the hl2 community. Most of them think steam is pay to play .

Since you obviously don't have your information right, you must not be following HL2 very well. I'd read up on a few threads and think again about dropping your pre-order.

Xen

Omfg, the stupidity level in the first post seems to have popped a vain in my head.

OMG steam paranoia valve will make you pay $10 a month and send your mp3 list to the RIAA and the G-Man is behind it I know he is and Gabe is working for microsoft again because Microsoft is making Direct X 9 and HL2 is a direct X game and there is a conspiracy between valve and ATI to drive nVidia out of business and Steam contains spyware and adware and the Ms.Blaster virus and G-Man is behind it

keep your tin foil hat on dude ;)

I'm glad that Valve is complicating things with Steam and the different retail versions because all the little kids will be weeded out of the community through their own stupidity.

Hmm, that is one rare post :) As I see it, you buy hl2 boxed and you're basically in the same situation as with HL1. You can dl free mods for free and play them freely - like Natural Selection. You can buy expansion packs or commecrial mods like Opposing Force and Counter Strike Retail. That will cost you money like it used to.

If you dis HL2 on what you see with Steam now, you're judging too early. Wait and see. Im sure there will be ample postings on these very forums on how Steam works with HL2 once the game is released. Judge then.

As a matter of fact. In following of all your stupid gullableness, dont drop your pre order. Send it to me. You owe it to me for being such an idiot. including the fact that you felt the need to post that your not buying HL2? Like we frikkin care. Hold a knife to your throat. and run backwards into the nearest wall as fast as possible man. But not until you change the shipping address for your HL2 pre-order.

Originally posted by nw909
I hope you already cancelled it, because you don't deserve hl2.

Hehe if it wasn't for that gordon's brother thread, this one would've made my day.

Yeah I was scared for a for a few seconds, thats why I ended up on these forums, and having read all the stuff about things.. its actually pretty cool. free mods are FREE no matter how you look at it, no subscription for those.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you buy the steam version you get access to HL2, and all steam content for the measly fee of $10 a month. thats no setup fee, no activation fee, no account canceling fee :D no hl 2 upgrade fee. $10 and you get half life 2!! .

cool beans.

The other thing is mod makers will be able to use steam to have payment options for their mods. which means great mods will be greater, and crap mods made by idiots who want some cash will be dismal failures. Free mods will be that much more appreciated. Reckon it might be the new rennaisance of pc gaming.

heh. I used "renaissance" in a sentence :p

edit: just thought of something: I would wager $20 on that valve have oddles of dedicated "premium service" bandwidth already paid for and ready to be activated on release day. no worries about downloading it then with broadband *yay*

We probably scared Roswell away and hes never coming back to the forums.....

lol

good lol. I cant tolerate such stupidity. I still cant get over the fact that he thinks we care if he does or does not get HL2. lol. I dont care if any of you do. Im getting mine and thats all that matters to me. :D

Originally posted by Rossell

With Steam and everything messing up the HL community as such, I also discovered that you have to pay a £10-a-month subscription to play mods.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 307
lol what an idoit this guy is.

Rossell doesn't pass the IQ test required to play HL2. It will only make the community better.

He's stuck in rumors and spectulation that happened a month ago.. god.

funny how hes not replying to any of these post because he sees what a fool he made himself look.

this thread is pointless, none cares if you cant afford a 50 dollar game. go buy hobo bobs bargin bin adventure

"Guys I thought I'd let you know I didnt go to the gas sation today. Prices went up 3 cents"

We lost your business?! DAMN, my sales manager is gonna kill me!!! Can we offer you a.. a... promotion or something?!

With Steam and everything messing up the HL community as such

I fully understand how reports of people having trouble with an application they downloaded would make you not want to buy a game that hasn't been reviewed or released yet. You are as smart as my dog's ass.

I also discovered that you have to pay a £10-a-month subscription to play mods.

SONUVA!!! I don't even HAVE 10 pounds, I live in the middle of Colorado! Curse those pound-loving monkeys at Valve!

I see how it is... *sniff* you're dumping me. I wasted the best five years of my life with you! ;(

3 pages of a thread and nobody helps this guy to decide to buy a great game.
What kind of a community is this?

Originally posted by Tropico
3 pages of a thread and nobody helps this guy to decide to buy a great game.
What kind of a community is this?

A very dysfunctional one

Well we obviously we pointed out his mistake in true hl2.net fashion.

LoL You guys dumbfounded him to the point that he won't even reply to his own thread on account of how silly and illogical you all made him relise his post was!

Originally posted by Adam
LoL You guys dumbfounded him to the point that he won't even reply to his own thread on account of how silly and illogical you all made him relise his post was!

I think its rather the fact that hes ****ing with us

You know, if I go look at the "Gabe RE: Pay to Play" thread, I bet I find some of your names going "OMG, this sucks".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back