Noticed something just now in past videos.

Alphy

Reaction score
Hey everyone fire up the Bink version of Barricade...Have you noticed that whenever Gordon gets a kill theres a high pitch siren sound going off either from his suit or from the Combines? Never noticed that before.

Some people have mentioned this before. They think that the combine have some sort of uber-l33t suit like Gordon does.

Heart monitor like those on E.R. when people die..

bBeeeeeeeee...eeee...pppp......ppp.....p.....z......zzzz.....zzzz....DEAD

Yea, this has been discussed to quite some extent. I beleive it was settled as a monitor or some sort of HEV suit the combine wear. I'm not totally sure, use the search button.

maybe when there is only one combine ...u sneek up and kill him then it makes that noise and alerts other combine...gordon is ****ed

Its ironic though that both Gordon and the Combine have HEV suits...Somehow I dont think this war has just now started, rather it probaly has been going on for some time before HL1's start.

You don't have to say it's been discussed before, Alphy probably won't go back and look at the old posts since someone already answered his question here.

So don't just say its been discussed before and leave it there, post a link for crying out loud if you want to help him.

You mean that sound that happens when he throws the grenade by the red car? Thats the sound of the auto-turrets falling over - freaking out - then shutting off.

Did u guys hear the news? HL² are supposed to come out 30/9 this year already! ;) ;o)

No he means the sound when the combine die. Same sound as whey YOU (Gordon) died in HL1.

FatCombine: Chill dude, apparently some people haven't heard it before or don't know what Im talking about, like Gage here.

No the sound is like an EKG monitor going flatline if that makes any sense to ya..Its basically the sound when your heart stops beating when your connected to an EKG. High pitched beeping sound.

OT: I didn't feel like starting a new thread.

If you, the player, has an actual body mass in the game, would it be possible to actually run and jump onto a Combine Soldier and knock him over? And if so, will he get back up?

and the whole Combine wearing the HEV suit thing, would they be wearing an HEV suit or would it be a suit similar to the PCV sut in Op4. Of course, it doesn't really make any difference since the PCV and the HEV suit are practically the same.

I don't know about knocking them over (they haven't been specific on whether or not this is possible), but Newell has said you could jump on a headcrab and squish it, so I imagine something is possible likc this.

Originally posted by Anthraxxx
OT: I didn't feel like starting a new thread.

If you, the player, has an actual body mass in the game, would it be possible to actually run and jump onto a Combine Soldier and knock him over? And if so, will he get back up?

and the whole Combine wearing the HEV suit thing, would they be wearing an HEV suit or would it be a suit similar to the PCV sut in Op4. Of course, it doesn't really make any difference since the PCV and the HEV suit are practically the same.

That would be cool to sneak up behind one, and run fast jump and do a simple drop kick to a soldier =] then when hes on the ground, put your boot on his body so he can't get up and let some lead fall into him.

Back