Nov 16 12:01am.....

Meeklo

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is word on any stores sellin hl2 at 12:01am like they've done in the past with other games such as Vice City and Doom3. If this question has been asked already..My bad i dident see anything about this.

ukfluke said:
maybe theyll release it on steam @ 12:01am

Ya that would be cool for the people that bought it through steam, but for the people who dident is why I ask this question.

I went against my word and bought it on steam. I sincerely hope all those who want to buy the boxes can get it then too!

I think it won't be till like 12:20 AM for it to be released on Steam... but I dunno... Hopefully they'll release it at 12:01 AM... but I dunno if they are going to stay up till then lol... but I dunno we'll have to see... and I havn't heard any news from stores yet

it should be available to play on steam at 12:01am PST Nov 16th

what time is that UK? 8am or something? bleh whatever the time it is, ill be awake :)

Been a while since I last preordered an unreleased game, the last time it was shipped before the release date so it would come through my letterbox on the day of release.

You think this will happen with most stores posting hl2 preorders? Just wish my postman came earlier, although instead of camping outside a shop at 12:01 in a queue, I can camp in my house ;)

ah. now I know I have plenty of time to finish doom3, play far cry, and replay the half-life gmaes before it is out.

Stores, big ones such as Oxford Street ones do do midnight sales, especially on huge titles such as half-life2. But with steam im not sure there will be such a rush in stores as there are with other games/movies/harry potter books. So they might not. Im sure i heard Oxford St HMV or Game were arranging one.

Ummm... Nov 16th is the ship date... meaning that stores wont have it untill the 17th (maybe 16th evening if your lucky)

has gone gold with a planned retail street date of November 16, 2004.

Retail street date does not mean ship date as far as I'm aware.

Oxygenetic said:
I guarantee it will be released on Steam at 12:01.
I agree it'll be released soon after 00:01 on the 16th PST. But common - it's Valve - it's BOUND to be 10 minutes late.
--
Grumps

Haha, I can see it now, a week before it's release, the threads "Whos area has it?" will be rising..

12:01 - buy game
12:02 to 1:00 - smell the box/contents.

hopefully they do that here @ eb.

If it is availible on steam at 12:01am, would it be PST or just by your location (from your Credit Card info) ?

00:01 PST
01:01 MST
02:01 CST
03:01 EST
08:01 GMT

19:01 Sydney Time

Well I called the main EB here in Corpus Christi Tx. and they dident even know half life2 went gold today. Supposedly there only doing a 12:01am release for Halo2. When I asked the guy the question his first response was "Is that for the Xbox" I was like wtf..NO!! its for the pc. What kinda dumbass kids do they have workin there? Probably some console junkies(idiots).

I'm actually really worried that the Steam servers are going to be getting hammered so hard on Nov. 16 at 12:01 that it'll be impossible to even get something as simple as an authenication key. I've been denied access to Steam on preload days before, I can't imagine what it's going to be like come release day!

In Reply to #19:

the entire point of the preloads is so that doesn't happen

Thats Egg Zack Lee why im buyin the retail. Something about having the box in my hands makes me wanna cry.

hold on...

wouldnt hl2 follow the release time of cs:s i.e. 7pm GMT (i think that was 11am EST)

choopa said:
In Reply to #19:

the entire point of the preloads is so that doesn't happen

Yeah, but everyone is still gonna have to log on to Steam to get an authentication key. And everyone is gonna do that all at once. I just don't know if the Steam servers will be able to handle that kind of traffic.

Meeklo said:
Thats Egg Zack Lee why im buyin the retail. Something about having the box in my hands makes me wanna cry.

Even if you buy retail, you're gonna need Steam to run the game.

DarkStar said:
Yeah, but everyone is still gonna have to log on to Steam to get an authentication key. And everyone is gonna do that all at once. I just don't know if the Steam servers will be able to handle that kinda of traffic.

Good point..Oi!

DarkStar said:
I'm actually really worried that the Steam servers are going to be getting hammered so hard on Nov. 16 at 12:01 that it'll be impossible to even get something as simple as an authenication key. I've been denied access to Steam on preload days before, I can't imagine what it's going to be like come release day!
I don't think so, even if you have to download a few meg. Steam has been faultless for me. and takes up my full 1MB connection pulling data down. :)

Meeklo said:
Are you going to that Lexo5?

eh .... im the one who organized it and put it up :cool:

the bad part is most of my close friend that i invited either (a) have morning classes during the weekdays or (b) bought it already on steam ........ sooo i decided to start posting it in these forums :cheese: ...... i strongly doubt anyone will go with me either way ........ atm im all alone but in the beginning I had like 10-11 people that were gonna go

Damn I wish I could go with you man...to bad I live in Texas...A parking lot sounds cool I'd have to bring my skatebored and my bong, but it all sounds like fun to me.

why 01? 12:00AM LA time it will be released...

Meeklo said:
Damn I wish I could go with you man...to bad I live in Texas...A parking lot sounds cool I'd have to bring my skatebored and my bong, but it all sounds like fun to me.

if you were here would be awesome, when i first planned it i had this dream of 30+ people in some random parking in front of a electronics store being crazy, having fun, wierding people out as to why-f--k a buncha teenagers where camping in a parking lot on a schoolnight

if you WERE here, i wouldn't mind about the bong, but some of the people I HAD invited would probably have tried to lynch you :rolleyes: .......... they are like hard-ass-core anti-drugs

as it stands right now, i am the only one going :( (all the friends I invited, roughly 10, canceld on me :flame: ) ........ kinda sucks ....... if no one else goes either, ima cancel it :x

Back