Nvidia Fx 5700 / Hl2 Problems Please Help

A

AMD_Freak

I Installed a new FX5700 today REPLACING the old old Nvidia GF2 TI which ran HL2 fair with no real problems but it looked like Crap and lacked good FPS ....... I dont care about having a monster machine at this point I am in the process of building that But I would like to play Half-life 2 until that point ......
The Problem I have ran into is when i now try to play I get white streaks / colored lines and artifacts all over
I have Installed all new drivers BOTH Nvidia drivers / Omega Drivers I did the uninstall for each set and Used
a Driver cleaner before installing a new set to be sure all traces was removed I have only 1 video card in my sys config / and removed all traces of the old card before installing the new card I did a fresh install of XP & SP2 less then a week ago I tried setting at low / high / Etc I have Direct X 9 installed even though its running in 8.1 ; Half-life 2 / CS / farcry all run about the same way here is my setup and everything installed that might help the OMEGA Drivers and NVIDIA Drivers was the new ones out................. PLEASE HELP ::-->

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
System Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.
System Model: KT600-8237
Processor: AMD Athlon™ XP 2000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 640MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE (Omega 1.6177) (Q)
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6177 (English)

I'm having the same problem I'm getting about 35fps on my fx5700. I got that on my mx440. WTF mate?

Well, the 5700 isn't a great card. And your fps isn't only determind by your graphics card.

I'd blame overheating/faulty card for the graphic glitches.

the 5700 is a great card! i use a 5700Ultra but still....that sounds like you got a bad card. Can you take it back to the distributor for a replacment? (BEst Buy, Wal-mart *snicker, snicker* Circuit City)?

the card works fine and works in game. Everythiung looks great but the fps is down thats all. Unfortunately I got it off pricewatch.com

Back