Nvidia Nforce 84.43

koul_jackson

Reaction score
Has anyone installed this? There's a pretty big list of people who Nvidia says should've installed it but I wanted to ask you guys before i did anything. The actual support page is pretty vague. But here it is anyway:\
Release Highlights:

* Added SLI profile for Tomb Raider: Legend
* Adds support for GeForce 7900 GTX, GeForce 7900 GT, and GeForce 7600 GT.
* New NVIDIA PureVideo features and enhancements. Please visit the NVIDIA PureVideo website for more information on PureVideo technology and system requirements.
o Support for high definition H.264 hardware decode acceleration on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
o Support for high definition MPEG-2 inverse telecine.
o Support for high definition MPEG-2 spatial temporal de-interlacing.
* Adds mixed vendor support for NVIDIA SLI.
* TV-Out/HD-out support for NVIDIA SLI.
* Added support for VSync on Direct3D games when running NVIDIA SLI.
* Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 2.0 support
* For a full list of fixed and known issues please view the Release Notes.

ANYTHOUGHTS? I feel like such a moron, i used to be able to build a PC within minutes, for the life of me i can't figure out why my crap keeps freezing.

* Adds support for GeForce 7900 GTX, GeForce 7900 GT, and GeForce 7600 GT.
This might help you.
I've never heard of a 7600pro (in your sig) unless it is a 7600GT that some company reduced the clock speed and called it something different.

* New NVIDIA PureVideo features and enhancements. Please visit the NVIDIA PureVideo website for more information on PureVideo technology and system requirements.
o Support for high definition H.264 hardware decode acceleration on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
o Support for high definition MPEG-2 inverse telecine.
o Support for high definition MPEG-2 spatial temporal de-interlacing.
This stuff has to do with DVD and high def play back.
The other stuff is SLI of course.

I stinalled this shit and it does nothing. Oh yeah, i have a 7600GT but it says "PRO" on the box because it came with a game.

the only reason you should get it is if it fixed a problem you had. other then that 84.21s have done well for me

Back