Nvidia Quadro2 Pro - how would it hold up?

X

xLite

I know its an older card... but i see these things sellin on ebay for 285$ still, i have an opportunity to get one for free... but it requires that i give away my fx5600 128mb... which ebay has it priced around 100-120$, less than half of the quadro.

i havnt seen nearly any reviews on it, as its more of a professional card, so im turning to you guys (the real pro's) for help.

blahblahblah said:
That is a workstation card. Don't expect it to run games at all.
Hey I got the Unreal Tournament 2004 demo to run @ 7 fps with a quadro4 (I think) card at school. Everything on maximum detail etc. 1.5 Ghz or something. And school computers are usually fubar by adware &, in this case, Compaq. I'd say that's pretty solid performance for such a machine :E

Suprisingly, it will run HL2, and it runs it well

I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro that I purchased specifically for HL2. However after 2 months of running the card, I had to send it in for an RMA. I had already given my 4200TI to my little brother, so I was left with a Quadro2 PRO (64MB) card in my system till I get my Radeon back from ATI.

I have run half life on 800x600 with great success, the fps can hit 200 in tunnels and confined areas, but maintains almost 50fps in open areas. I was blown away by the perfomance of this card, since it is an older card with less RAM on it, I expected the game to be unplayable. Honestly I can see no difference between this card and my Radeon when on 800x600 Res. Granted, my Radeon had issues, we'll see how it holds up when I get it back.

System Specs
Athlon 2800+
MSI KT4 Ultra (768 MB RAM)
Geforce Quadro2Pro.

Well Quadro cards are beefier than the regular so they can handle tougher applications.

If it is worth more than the 5600, might as well get it, I'm sure it would be worth getting to try and if all fails to sell and then to purchase another card greater than your 5600.

Back