Odd Half-Life 2 (and others) error

K

Kresjah

Hi there!

I am currently having problems with my all my source-based Half-Life games. Before shelling out for Orange Box on Steam yesterday, I had already bought the Holiday 2006 Collection, which included Half-Life Source, Half-Life 2 and Episode One. The aforementioned three games worked perfectly fine. So, as said, I bought Orange Box yesterday, and after that, all has been hell.

Now, none of the Source based Half-Life games have stopped working, not just the new ones from the Orange Box. Launching any of the games (including even Half-Life Source) yields this exact error message:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: c...

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

This applies to Half-Life Source (+ Deathmatch), Half-Life 2 (+ Deathmatch), Episode One, Episode Two, Lost Coast. However, Counter-Strike Source and Sin Episodes (which are also Source based games) work perfectly fine. I have yet to test Team Fortress 2 and Portal, as I downloaded just Episode 2 first (and got all these problems) and started fiddling with trying to get it to work instead of grabbing those two and check if they work. They are downloading now however.

So, any help would be greatly appeciated.

same deal here, except its just Half Life 2 that gives me that exact error. any ides would be awesome.

you might need to install, or reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime ( I almost always have to do this with every other game i get :p )

Back