Oes: Usp Tactical

Stone

Reaction score
I've redone the USP Tactical for the Narcissistic Gamings Modification:

Operation: Everlasting Shadow

C&C is welcome....

usp3.jpg

Wire.. polycount.. is this even a models forum or just some place to post a pic and get a hundred 'oh cool!' replies?

sorry forgot to add them, and you posted before I could edit it....

anywho,

Polycount = 1756

and Wire frame be coming now......

That's good. Since you are a moderator could you please add a sticky that kindly requests software used, polycount and wireframe + render pic in every thread?

Please do it for me :)

@ Nostradamus: yes you can tell by the looks but good rendering can hide modelling mistakes that uncover themselves in a game engine. Plus, it's just necessary and standard in any pro modelling forum.

hey, Razorwolf chill please....

anywhom,

Software used: 3DstudioMax 5

Wireframe:

uspwireframe.jpg

Okay now for the comments :):

The handle doesn't look right.. the indent is too deep I think, it should be a lot more subtle. My reference could be different then yours ..
usp45tac_lg.jpg

You could pump some extra polies in the silencer, that would smooth out things a bit.

About the chilling, what do you exactly mean :p?

Aye, I agree that the indent is too deep, I meant to change it but forgot about it...

and really, I want to keep it below the 2000 polies mark, as I'm going by the preconception that the 2000 polies includes the hand model as well (hopefully not but just incase)

I would take the polygons from the indent on the handle and use them for the slide grip ridges. They'll be much more noticable in game than the handle. I don't have time to really point out everything that I can see, but I will list a few points you might want to look at.

The trigger has an extra segment in the center, the magazine is too short, the rear sights are wrong (see HKPro.com), and the front attachment area appears to have some extraneous polygons.

I would also add a few more segments to the supressor since it will appear blocky from the player's POV.

There are multiple errors in the shape of the weapon. I can't really point them all out, but just put it up against a background image in Max and you'll see what I mean. Also, the grip barely indents, you don't need to model it because it can be taken care of in the texture. All I can really say is look at more reference pictures. It also looks quite high poly considering how little detail I can see.

About the sticky for requirements in threads, don't make them post wireframes, just make them post a shaded wireframe, it's much easier to tell what everything is.

and this is why there are so many polies in the front bit....

usp4.jpg

and I don't need to add more to the trigger as it isn't that visible.
and the rear sight is a place holder, for until i remake it

and the WireFrame agains the Referance image is attached

Nice start but it needs heaps of work. Lots of proportions and shape are off. Try usin a side on refence in your 3d program and for things your unsure of find perspective veiw photo to get the right shapes.

About the sticky for requirements in threads, don't make them post wireframes, just make them post a shaded wireframe, it's much easier to tell what everything is.

Any wireframe is good for me .. non rendered is always better though.
The indent on the bottom is way too deep too..

For rendering, try downloading E-light or some other dome plugin.

I would but I cannot be bothered buying any Rendering software, at the moment, as low on shiney stuff and saving to get a flat....

anywho, Short_Fuse, what you on about, geuss you didn't see this, proportions look fine to me...

wireagainstref.jpg

and the width does to, here's one of the referance images I used for the width....

usptacticalfront.jpg

hmmmmm. I will ask equaniox about that u know. So u can actually make a thread based on a model. With sort of options u can set like polgon count etc...

btw stone, equinox is your new coder. I generiously got him for u :p

ow ye and about the model. It looks good for the polgon count. But I think it looks odd and a bit crappy.

sorry, I've had a hard day, how do you mean odd and crappy?...

please elaborate...

urrrr, well the actual model looks really weird with just random indents to add detail. It basiclly looks like loads of blocks stuck together.

Ichi, everything you ever look at is just blocks stuck together
(trust me, I've been sat in a room drawing things as blocks stuck together all day ;()

and really all indents on the model are actually on the real weapon...

Well maybe but they are so subtle they shouldn't be modelled but be added in diffuse / bump maps.

lmfao, I just don't go around saying every moel is wicked. At the end of the day u can't exactly say that is good. No offense. But think of other work that has been done before then stick that next to it. I just arn't going to go around praising everyone for stuff that isn;t very good. I seriosuly don't see the point.

IchI, you're a man of my heart. If you post something here you should be prepared for hard critique. If your model is really wicked and top-notch, no one will have a bad comment on it. But that doesn't happen much :p

Originally posted by IchI
lmfao, I just don't go around saying every moel is wicked.

No, no you dont. You go around and say every model is crappry, then refuse to tell the modler what is wrong and how they might correct it.

I really don't have any respect for you, because of that. You're modeling is the level of the car tutorials you read, and I have yet to see one of your models completed with more than jsut the basic body.

Calm down people,
I can't take sides in this arguement as i'm the MOD. and this arguement shouldn't even be here, so please stop it...

oh and stop spamming my thread..

lmfao, at the end of the day I do all my work for my self anyway. Also I know i suck with 3dsmax, i only been using it 3 months. Also i did give a reason for not liking it. I said it looked like it was made of blocks. All this stuff about not respecting me etc.... tbh m8 just go get some ****s

I really don't want to ruin stone's thread here.

Yes, everyone has a perosnal preferance. Yes you do your work for yuorself.

About you giving crits...

"I said it looked like it was made of blocks". It's called box modeling ;). It was a fairly accurate representation of the weapon, and you say it looked liked it was made of blocks. Fine. Which parts exactly? Where? What shoukld he do to improve it.

You're modles basicly look like a load of splines, which they are. That's not bad, but remember that if you're gonna say someone's modle needs work, tell them where and how to get it.

One thing that doesn't Help crits very well is to post a pic with a black background and a dark colour, or a pic that shows a gun as a tiny pixel. see that all too often. else the grip looks rather painful to hold.. Dunno. the flow seems stale,

Yeah i used the wrong word. Shapes not proportions. Proportions look fine to me aswell. Such as the indented handle grips. Tac Light, unless it custom.

I'm not sure what you mean at the back

This back part should flow with the curve of the handle

can you please elaborate, i don't understand :(

and as for the trigger, i never really put any work into them, as they are hidden by the hand the majority of the time..

ok, I gets you...

I'm going to try and get some work done on it now, but i'm ill and can't concentrate so i'll probably screw it up, but meh...

gesh after seeing that it makes me wonder why i deleted 3dsm, nice job stone.

hehehe, u proberly deleted 3dsmax because its a bit *poo* compared to most packages now. The work flow has always been shocking and its kinda anoying at times. The only thing that makes it popular is because it was good at its time and also its quiet easy to learn. I am gunna move onto XSI or maybe houdini if i can get my head round it.

Packages are what you make them,

3dsmax is good for learns and it's quite easy to learn the basics, but also it is great when you learn to use all the features of the program, and learn to write your own plugs-is for the program....

...and many television programs and films have utilised the program,

for example: Bing and Bong (or small worlds, depending on where you live) is all done on 3dsmax

Back