Off Limits Vehicle: Komatsu

simon

Spy
Reaction score
hello,
long time iv posted here, iv been working on this model for our mod ( www.off-limits.be ) for the past 3 weeks now, it's a forklift (will be driveable, you will be able to pick up car wrecks, block certain area's streets, lift teammates up to rooftops to scout or snipe, just lots of gameplay possibility's)
model: 3809 triangles
texture map: 1024*1024
bumpmapped

updated_01.jpg

updated_02.jpg

updated_03.jpg

updated_04.jpg

hope you like it

Very nice, I also like how it isn't very powerful itself (eg. massive firepower and loads of armour), but in the things it can do like lifting teammates and making roadblocks.

Two thumbs up :)

Nice model. Skin looks a little blurry, can't see much though.

looks downright amazing. Only thing I *might* consider "fixing" is making the text on ads on it sharper.

but it really looks supurb.

That's great, not only a good model but a good gameplay concept.

hahaha,
it's funny because normally you see something orginal on these forums.. lol, very nice work, good luck with the mod :)
oldfaq

its looking amazing ...
the textures are nicely done . modeling is alright ..the only one thing that i could possibly crit would be that there is faked lightin on the seat (reflection ...shinyness) ...which would look so much better with a shader...but its still amazing.

Hi,

thanks for all the wonderfull reply's!
SidewinderX said:
looks downright amazing. Only thing I *might* consider "fixing" is making the text on ads on it sharper.
Iv sharpend the add a bit as you suggested, hope this looks better (iv had comments on the adds being not sharp enough before, so after you told me i figured it needed to be changed, since more people say the same things :p)

mindless_moder said:
..the only one thing that i could possibly crit would be that there is faked lightin on the seat (reflection ...shinyness) ...which would look so much better with a shader...but its still amazing.
i know, iv been adjusting the seat on and off in this texture, but i can't seem to get it correct, it was alot wurse in my earlier textures, this is the best i can get it :/ (your not the only one who told me this)

well, for me this model stops, this is the final version:

final.jpg

final1.jpg

texture sample:
map_sample.jpg

and here is a wireframe:
bump_08.jpg

hope you guys like it, now on to my next adventure!

very nice model

and a belgian hl² mod very cool (me also from belgium ;))
to bad i can't model that good :(

Bsoul said:
very nice model

and a belgian hl² mod very cool (me also from belgium ;))
to bad i can't model that good :(

can you texture ? :)
oh and for some Belgian chat you can always join our forum/mirc :p
www.off-limits.be

here is something i made yesterday in about one hours work:
red-green.jpg

don't know if they look good enough or not, crits are welcome

thanks

laterz

The textures look pretty blurred so close, but after all they're supposed to be small.

Are they seen only after beeing used? If yes they should look used, you know with black spots :) And the kind of "star" at one end of the bullet looks wierd, what is it exactly?

doesn't look bad at all for something that won't really be seen :)

[sig please]

The forklift is amazing! Kudos 2 U. :cheers:

the geometry on the seat seems a little sharp, and the texture (specifically the text on the back) seems a little soft, but very cool otherwise.

Bullets look fine :)

Those skins friggin rock, who one do I have to kill to convert you to my mod? :>

Recoil said:
Those skins friggin rock, who one do I have to kill to convert you to my mod? :>

hmmm, Maarten De Meyer and Jonas De Gent please

I'm too young and good-looking to die :(

Ti133700N, The "star" is just the way the plastic shotgun shells are closed mechanically after they're filled with gunpowder and metal. I assume it's in a nice symmetrical starshape to cause as little deviation as possible on the trajectory of the actual bullet/pellets.

Great work, but the driver will be sniper fodder during game play. You may want to add a cab around the driver or some bullet-proof glass. I would put a trip mine just about driver level....

mjrhzrd said:
Great work, but the driver will be sniper fodder during game play. You may want to add a cab around the driver or some bullet-proof glass. I would put a trip mine just about driver level....

when this baby will pass you at 90mph you go ahead and try to snipe the driver.. YOU just go ahead and TRY!! moehahahahha ... moehahahhaha haahahahahha

but yea, it's a risky task to drive a forklift, it's up to you if you plan to drive it or not :p

Back