OFFICAL Steam pakages, CS:S next week READ !

J

jlsk8ter

HL Fallout has received word from Valve's Gabe Newell revealing the much anticipated Half-Life 2 retail and Steam (info) packages. Also revealed, the full version of CS:Source will be available to Steam purchasers next week!The Half-Life 2 offers have been finalized. Details are pasted below. The Steam offers will be available for purchase next week. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.Retail Boxes
Standard Edition — includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man),

Collector's Edition — includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirtand a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.
Steam Packages
Bronze — HL2* and CS:Source.

Silver — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam.

Gold — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).
*To be made available upon product's release.

The Steam packages are especially impressive. And with the chance to play CS:Source straight away, these are some exciting deals. Up for a trip to Valve, anyone? While we haven't received word yet on pricing for the Steam packages, more information should be released via Steam in the near future.

I dont really trust the validity of your info (no offense) however if it were true, that would please a lot of cs:s junkies.

WOOHOO!! This is friggin GREAT!

Full version of CS:S next week that we can play until HL2 comes out?!

Man, what a great way to pass the time!

Holy ****ing wiener schnitzel!!!!

Gold hl2 it is!!

/notes that down on hand

?? So if you get that gold package over steam, they ship you the hat and posters and stuff?? *confused*

MetEoRA said:
?? So if you get that gold package over steam, they ship you the hat and posters and stuff?? *confused*
It's for retail.

jlsk8ter said:
its from hlfallout.net. its on there main page. Its real
yeah but for all we know they were hacked, or it wasnt gabe, or gabe is being over-zealous and thier scheduling will fail, and blah blah blah blah.
*goes back to playing vice city*

Mr-Fusion said:
It's for retail.
no those are listed for steam

What about the ATI coupon holders? do they get CS:S next week as well?

MetEoRA said:

you get a picture of the hat taht you can save and print into a type of paper that you can fold into a hat

that is sweet, now when is it gonna go gold?! oh ya i hope i might go to valve again to learn some more indepth info about 3d modelling and animation for career day at my school :)

-merc

I'd like to know what us ati coupon holders get also. someone needs to email valve to confirm exactly what we will be getting.

CS:S coming out early could be a bad thing. this may be valve's adaptation to vivendi's holding of halflife2 for a few months to not piss of customers too badly.

Umm... no.

The DOD: Source gave it away. It isn't even in creation yet, I don't think.

Plus, remember how Gabe said if it went gold they'd tell every1? HLfallout doesn't exaclty count as every1.

/me sighs
im still disappointed over the HL2 MP thing..
gold package only available through Steam? bleh :x

-Viper- said:
Umm... no.

The DOD: Source gave it away. It isn't even in creation yet, I don't think.

Plus, remember how Gabe said if it went gold they'd tell every1? HLfallout doesn't exaclty count as every1.

it doesn't need to be gold, CS:S is the only thing coming out soon. dod, hl2, hl1:S all coming out later

poseyjmac said:
you get a picture of the hat taht you can save and print into a type of paper that you can fold into a hat

I would believe it.

Hmm... didn't actually read all of it. Why bother talking about all packages if it's just CS:S? I still don't believe.

-Viper- said:
Hmm... didn't actually read all of it. Why bother talking about all packages if it's just CS:S? I still don't believe.

its like buying varying degrees of the stomach flu. you get the first batch of diaherria first(CS:S). the rest will come later.

:dozey: Why can't it just be released at the same god time... grr. Now I have to decide whether I want to ger CS:S right way or what. I'll probably just get Collectors Edition.

Wait, if I buy halflife2 I dont get dod:source with it? goddamnit, valve is just as big a bunch of money grubbers as VUG.

What if I dont want cs:s but I do want dod:s?

poseyjmac said:
its like buying varying degrees of the stomach flu. you get the first batch of diaherria first(CS:S). the rest will come later.

why are you here if u think hl2 and its multiplayer is diarrhea

-merc

Valve is smart. This is all I'll say.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

merc said:
why are you here if u think hl2 and its multiplayer is diarrhea

-merc

its just a metaphor, i couldn't think of another way to put it. im definately playing CS:S. just because im pissed there is no hl2mp doesn't mean i wont play cs:S. i just wish they would make militia, the best cs map ever made

Wait... so I'm confused. Will VALVe ship all this stuff out to us if we order from Steam? I mean, HL2 postcards? A hat? 2 t-shirts? Fed-ex is gonna be clogged up the arse...

poseyjmac said:
its just a metaphor, i couldn't think of another way to put it. im definately playing CS:S. just because im pissed there is no hl2mp doesn't mean i wont play cs:S. i just wish they would make militia, the best cs map ever made

jsut wondering :)

-merc

so does anyone have any idea what the PRICES will be on all of these different options?

depending on price, the Steam "Silver" edition might be the best deal (better than the standard retail box).

Something seems wrong with this. Vivendi would be SUPER mad that Valve is releasing PART of the package to Steam buyers early. Not only that, I think that is a violation of their contract. This is suspicious. Anyone at HL2fallout check to see that the email wasn't spoofed?

If not, Vivendi is probably about ready to explode. This whole offer entices people toward Steam

the prices are the key here, i really want DOD:S, but origional DOD was free, if it costs 25 more bucks to get DOD:S then im not sure its worth is...

PS: if this is fake im gonna be pissed off, so far i havent beleived any of the rumor BS and fake godl announcements thats running around here, but this actually seems like it might be legit.

I'm getting colder on the idea of steam by the day. Thinking about it, shouldnt a game that comes with no cd or manual cost less than in a retail store? would it not make sense to see halflife2 on steam for 30 bucks because of the low distrobution cost?

so has this been confirmed as real...and if so how come there hasn't been a news post?
it certainly seems like front page material, if true that is

Actually, I'm willing to bet that since Counterstrike: Source if it's own damn game, and NOT Half-Life 2; Valve can get away with releasing it any damn time they want. There was probably no contract ever written up for CS: Source :)

However, I'm reserving my judgement until someone can confirm this was from Gabe...

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

Back