Oh BOy I sure wish I had seen the hydra

G

Goethe

I felt quite sad after finishing the game and realizing that I had yet to see the hydra :(

Yup, everyone was bummed about it man but you gotta look ahead and think about whats to come!

Yup, everyone was bummed about it man but you gotta look ahead and think about whats to come!

u mean like when HL3 comes out in 2010?

For christsakes man....its a blue tentical...wtf is so cool about that?

IMO it would of been pointless to put that in the game. I think it was there just to show the ragdoll physics. You people need to get over this.

It was cool because I believe it was also tranclucent which adds a wonderful effect

I don't buy the "it would have been pointless to have the Hydra in the game" argument. The Hydra could have been stuck in some room, so instead of shooting a lot of headcrabs we would have had to kill the hydra in order to cross to the other side of the room..

It's like saying the tentacle things in HL1 were pointless (the ones you incinerate in Blast Pit, and later encounter in other places of the game)....

Meeklo said:
For christsakes man....its a blue tentical...wtf is so cool about that?

IMO it would of been pointless to put that in the game. I think it was there just to show the ragdoll physics. You people need to get over this.

It was hardly a case of the hydras just being there for show.

If anything they would have been tied to a much better ending than we have now.

If you replay the end levels in the citadel and look around, you'll see plenty of weird tubings rising upwards. Its my belief that these were once the hydras and when the idea was scrapped, due to delays, they simply retextured them.

Half-Life 3 wont take as long as Half-Life 2 did be sure of it. They dont need to make a new engine now so that takes away 2 years.

Bicka said:
It was hardly a case of the hydras just being there for show.

If anything they would have been tied to a much better ending than we have now.

If you replay the end levels in the citadel and look around, you'll see plenty of weird tubings rising upwards. Its my belief that these were once the hydras and when the idea was scrapped, due to delays, they simply retextured them.

That is interesting, I wonder if it's true, do you have anything to support this?

They explain in raising the bar that they took it out because it was uber duber cool to watch but no fun to play against.

Hydra is like the tentacles from HL1. No fun in attacking them, and it's really annoying to get past them.

yeah... i myself is expecting to see the Hydra in action.

Gah, everyones ****ing gutted about not having the hydra. Get over it? Plz?! For the sake of the world.

If it was no fun to fight it's understandable they left it out, but I have to admit when I heard that I thought, why not just have it so when it hits you it picks you up and throws you like 20 feet, taking off like crap loads of health so it takes like 2 hits from it to kill, I reckon if it looked so cool attacking others and it did that when it hit you it would have been cool to fight,

-J

are u guys sure the hydra was just a slim blue tenticle? i knoq thats all we see in the E3 vids, but how do u guys know the tenticle wasnt just one part of its body. Unless it says in the making the game book or w/e. Neway if it was just a slim blue tenticle, it wulda been retarded to try to shoot at it, about 90 persent of ur shotz wulda missed. And i dont see how anyone could compare it to the tenticles from HL1, theyre both tenticles, but thats it. The tenticles from hl1 were hundreds of feet tall, werent florescent, had beaks, could kill it with one hit, and could only be killed by that sunbeam thing.

it was just a slim blue tentacle, and the tentacle (there's that word again >.<) monster in HL is not the same thing.

It was a rocket engine not a sunbeam, too :p

Who said Hydra is samething as the tentacle from HL? Seriously, you people needs some serious literal education.

Combine Hybrid said:
Who said Hydra is samething as the tentacle from HL? Seriously, you people needs some serious literal education.

Yeah, the tentacle from HL and the Hydra from HL2 are way different. How can you even say that.

Ok so if the hydra wasn't fun to fight, why did they leave the barnacle thing in? That was so *unfun*. I thought the zombies were more fun that that. Of course this is just my opinion as i respect everyone's opinion! :D

mortey said:
Ok so if the hydra wasn't fun to fight, why did they leave the barnacle thing in? That was so *unfun*. I thought the zombies were more fun that that. Of course this is just my opinion as i respect everyone's opinion! :D

well they werent fun to fight but they were fun as hell to play with. Like rolling an explosive barrel down to them and then shooting it to blow the crap outa the barnicles.

Back