Oh no, compiling problems.

Retrocide

Reaction score
Well, Crackhead and I have been working on compiling my model correctly. Sofar the model and animations part works, however, the textures are a bit stubborn. So here is my QC file write up, this is not complete with other stuff that need to be impliment but isn't associated with the problem.

$modelname "COLT_Rifle"
$scale 1.00
$cdmaterials "models\COLT_Riflem"

$body "Body" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\retrocide\half-life 2\hl2\models\COLT_Rifle\COLT_Reference.smd"
$sequence "Idle" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\retrocide\half-life 2\hl2\models\COLT_Rifle\COLT_Idle.smd" fps 30.000 ACT_IDLE 1 rotate 90.000

$sequence "Run" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\retrocide\half-life 2\hl2\models\COLT_Rifle\COLT_Run.smd" fps 30.000 ACT_RUN 1 rotate 90.000

$sequence "Reload" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\retrocide\half-life 2\hl2\models\COLT_Rifle\COLT_Rload.smd" fps 30.000 rotate 90.000 {
ACT_VM_RELOAD 1 node Ready
}

$sequence "Draw" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\retrocide\half-life 2\hl2\models\COLT_Rifle\COLT_Draw.smd" fps 30.000 rotate 90.000 {
ACT_VM_DRAW 1 node Ready
}

$sequence "Fire" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\retrocide\half-life 2\hl2\models\COLT_Rifle\COLT_Fire1.smd" fps 30.000 rotate 90.000 {
ACT_VM_PRIMARYATTACK 1 node Fire
}

$sequence "Alt fire" "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\retrocide\half-life 2\hl2\models\COLT_Rifle\COLT_Gfire.smd" fps 30.000 rotate 90.000 {
ACT_VM_SECONDARYATTACK 1 node Fire
}

$surfaceprop "metal"

$collisionmodel "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\retrocide\half-life 2\hl2\models\COLT_Rifle\COLT_Reference.smd" {
$concave
$mass 100.000
}

If any one can point out the problem, it would save us a headache.

If you could be a bit more specific about the actual issue, it would help.

well hes compiled his model fine but the texture wont show up. the directory it links to is right and so are the vmt files for the texture.

when you exported what texture did you place on the model ? and what program did you export it from ?.

I placed a two kinds of tga textures on the model. One for the hands and one for the gun in .tga formats. It's all one model though. I used 3DS MAX 6.

did you make sure you didnt change the name of texture after export, and that the textures where assigned each to seperate ID's on the model?

I think that is one problem, ya the texture name was changed. Now since I have a hand and gun model that are one mesh how am I suppose to handle the UVW's for them. The way I did it was by selecting all the faces for just the hand models and applied the texture to just that. All their UVW's show up in one place though. Somehow I have the feeling thats wrong.

edit: NVM it works!

Yes mindless it was and clarky003, thank you. What happened was that the texture name on the gun in 3DSM was different than the external TGA file. It was a matter of putting the texture with the correct name on the gun, exporting as an smd and compiling. (Crackhead you were missing, it must of been XSI's fault.)

no you guys are getting confused. what you meen is it must have been maxs fault.

Back