OICW in game

S

sam_justice2

not really a screen but we got the oicw in game www.city13mod.com

csitaly00079kj.jpg

btw its not finished, still wip, just wondering on comments

wow man looks great :cheers:

reminds me of far cry....

we just accomplished the bomb mode in our game, head over to the site and check out the about section we are hoping you guys wont be dissapointed with mod, we are really trying to live up to expectations with these kinda things

If you don't stop posting this kinda stuff in this forum I swear I will not be happy.

Well i asked for it just to be a small news post but you guys just ignore us, in 1 days time this thread will be gone, whats so bad about it

sam_justice2 said:
Well i asked for it just to be a small news post but you guys just ignore us, in 1 days time this thread will be gone, whats so bad about it

Yeah, jeez chill Badger.

1. That's a CS screenshot with the OICW.

2. It's in the wrong forum, and you have ignored a lot of statements and movings that suggested this was the wrong forum to pimp your mod.

I'm going to edit the thread title, and then leave it. Ok?

thats fine man, I just dont understand why i get warnings for it when its a publice forum and you get way more people posting on about how steam sucks or will their pc run hl2 so on

Why does that look like.. photoshopped or something.. Those knobs on the top with the words.. Looks like a photo.. Nice work though..
I agree with Badger.

Don't bash the mod man, it aint easy being a mod, its like being a parking meter officer checker dude. Getting flamed all day by people who don't read

can u get rid of the monstrous scope
look much better that way
the weapon is big enough as it is

LOL! Looks like amp controls is attached to the top of the gun! This gun goes to 11!!

I understand now why Valve opted to cut this gun from the game.

The scope really cuts down on your peripheral vision and field of view.

I don't remember this being an issue with Far Cry, but then again Far Cry had a much better depth of view as far as your view goes.

HL2 has a very narrow field of view (on 4:3 ratio anyway) and this is also why a lot of people feel sick when they play. They need more view to the left and right. I know that the widescreen option does fix this to some extent but that is still a lot of screen space taken up by the scope.

Not even the rocket launcher or the manipulator takes up that much area.

Hey give the guy some credits, it's a great model, eventhough it wouldn't be my first choice for a gun (too huge, although if you have a heavily armored bulky character it could fit the style) and he certainly deserves some credit for showing it ingame. I'm f*cking sick of all these untextured models rendered with full global illumination. Even textured ones don't get my interest.

make a hall of shame, top 10 of people with the most warnings

nice system tho, hope it gets re-added with every vbulletin update. we are still waiting untill they re-ad the /me comment thingy

anyway, change the angle of the gun, if you put a ruler on your screen and check the angle of the gun you will notice that it wont point towards your crosshair, so it will look a bit wierd, you will notice it instinctivly when you play with it

He got banned because he had been previously banned for spamming the forums, the wrong sections, about his mod, after repeated being told my moderators to stop.

He then made another account (this one), which I just banned. And, not to offend anyone out there... but if that's how the leader of the mod acts..... well... I'd take a long look....

Looking good sam - the ban is a little harsh though I feel...

He's been warned enough times - he keeps posting advertisements for his mod rather than discuss anything.

Still, I like the model, even though it's a little dominating on the screen.

-Angry Lawyer

I wonder if he can do anything else, other then the site...The mod is looking good though :)

You all do know that OICW project was cancelled because the weapon itself is inpractical to use, right? (too heavy, eats too much power, breaks up easily etc.) The weapon looks decent though.

Para said:
You all do know that OICW project was cancelled because the weapon itself is inpractical to use, right? (too heavy, eats too much power, breaks up easily etc.) The weapon looks decent though.

But they're not making a "modern" CS-Clone... the OCIW was originally in HL2, and, like the hydra, it was removed.

Back