Ok I got a few questions concerning foreign PSN IDs and hope someone can help...

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56031

K everybody has heard that you can make PSN accounts on your PS3 for countries other than your own. I know everybody does it and I want to make a US account to buy PS1 games on PSN but I also know Sony doesn't like this practice even if they never really enforce it but this has always stuck at the back of my head regardless.

Point is technically isn't it against the TOS to make a PSN account for a country other than your own? Will sony do anything about it and can they ban any of my accounts?

PS: Is there any problems logistically with making a US account and purchasing PSone classics from there? I am sick of how incompetent SCEE is and their PSone selection is deplorable compared to the US. So yeah can I just get a US PSN card from ebay and buy stuff or is something going to stop me from doing that?

Nope, you can do that. You can also share accounts with friends and they can download your games to their PS3's HDD from your account, and it'll also work on theirs.

I've been meaning to make an EU and JP PSN account for a while now.

K thanks; sony won't do anything right?

Sorry but I am a very paranoid person :|

They aren't going to single out a person when so many others are doing it as well.

right fair enough. Thnx Ace :)

EDIT: just made it. Unbelievable how much nicer the US store is than the garbage EU one. ****ing incompetent SCEE :flame:

I have US, EU, and Japanese accounts. That covers the bases in terms of region-specific content like demos in particular. I have never bought anything from the foreign stores, but I think it works as usual as has been stated.

If you think the store layout for the US is nice, Lambda, wait until you see the .jp store. Their PS1 Classics section is arranged so much nicer than the US one, and it's really intuitive: they sort by genre rather than name. Plus, they have waaaaay more games than we do.

Darkside I knew your post would say exactly that when I saw you had posted in this thread.

And it should be totally obvious that the JP store is better than everything.

Back