Omega Drivers

NJspeed

Reaction score
How many people here play using Omega Drivers? I had them installed for some time and did not like them. I felt they were glitchy and caused unstability in my system. I also had the sound stuttering problem really bad with them. I cleaned them out and downloaded the latest Catalysts and then everything worked fine. This was like a month ago. Plus I think the Catalysts are a lot easier to use, especially with the new control panel.. What do you guys think?

I used the ATI ones they where fine, the Nvidia ones on the other hand, nah not my cup of tea, just didn't give me the preformance I wanted out of my card

Id use omega if i had an ati card..catalyst drivers are horrible...ive got a nvidia card and the new beta drivers are awsome

Splinter16 said:
I used the ATI ones they where fine, the Nvidia ones on the other hand, nah not my cup of tea, just didn't give me the preformance I wanted out of my card
Something's not right about that ... Perhaps it's the fact they're not interchangeable :p
(I know, i realise you must have changed gfx cards. Which therefore destroys your point anyway. Am confused. Did you use Coolbits, at least?)

Meanwhile, the catalyst drivers are not awful, and no, you don't have to install the bloody control centre.

i have a laptop so my only solution is using omega. i think they work well and no problems for me.

From my experience omega is horrible. They always seem to casue problems.

I've never had a problem with Omega drivers, but they never seen to offer any real improvement either.

(from comaprison tests i've seen the Omega drivers seem to come out on top in benchmarks, and catalyst seem to offer better performance in real world gaming. Either way, the difference is so tiny that it makes little difference)

catalyst drivers are horrible
This comming from a guy without an ATi card... yeah

I didnt like the Omega drivers at all. Infact, they decreased my HL performance. Catalyst works just fine.

Isn't it nice to be supported by others :) And I don't even have an ATi card anyway ... well, I did, until my 6800 GT arrived

/me ducks

Kirkburn said:
Something's not right about that ... Perhaps it's the fact they're not interchangeable :p
(I know, i realise you must have changed gfx cards. Which therefore destroys your point anyway. Am confused. Did you use Coolbits, at least?)

Meanwhile, the catalyst drivers are not awful, and no, you don't have to install the bloody control centre.

Aye, I've got two computers one with a nvidia one with ATI, they're bother overclocked by the max recommended on standard cooling (10%) and yeah I used coolbits with nvidia, just didn't like the drivers to be honest. It seemed to more hinder the preformace with the nvidia, although the ATI one worked fine

I don't really understand the thing with Omega drivers. From what I've heard, they're hardly even separate 'drivers', just a different control panel. I tried them and noticed no difference in performance from the ATI Catalyst drivers. So I just use the catalysts now.

I have Omega drivers, although I really can't tell you if they are any better than the catalyst ones. Only reason I have them installed is because my catalyst drivers refused to update.

nvidia > omega.

omega drivers crap out for me, i get weird glitches and stuff

The Omega drivers work fine for me. I get slightly better performance with them, and I like having the overclocking tool. And no glitches.

Splinter16 said:
Aye, I've got two computers one with a nvidia one with ATI, they're bother overclocked by the max recommended on standard cooling (10%) and yeah I used coolbits with nvidia, just didn't like the drivers to be honest. It seemed to more hinder the preformace with the nvidia, although the ATI one worked fine
I see now - there aren't that many lucky bastards here, ya'see. Anyways, it might just be the cards.

Try the DNA drivers, you can choose the stability|speed radio during installation.

I've been running it at Insane (best performance, lowest stability), with a large overclock with no stability problems at all :D

i couldnt figure out how do i map the gamma brightness and contrast control to keyboard keys using the omega drivers, so i switched back to catalyst the next day.

Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the Omega's... So many sites and so many reviews made me seem like a fool for not going with them..

The one thing that I did like is Radlinker.. I used to use ATItool but then I liked how Radlinker worked so now I use it along with the Catalysts...

Omega's here, nary a glitch since my 9000 Pro (hooly shit does time fly).

I wouldn't recommend them to nubs, however.

Back