omg, help!!!

Darkknighttt

Reaction score
keyboard wont work, currently using on screen keyboard. tried replugging in and still doesnt work. its not that its broken, but everytime i press a key the computer freezes. virus? any fixes?

Never had this problem before but you could probably do a process of elimination. Try a new keyboard, if it doesn't work, reformat (try to get an old ps2 one).

You typed all that with the on-screen? Hmm...

Tell us, in GREAT DETAIL, (no less than 1000 words) what exactly is the problem.

Make sure it's plugged in all the way.

See if there's any way to tell if Windows is detecting the presence of the keyboard.

Try another keyboard that uses the same connector as your current one (PS/2 or USB).

If Windows will detect a different keyboard, get a new one. If Windows doesn't detect the second keyboard... maybe a new motherboard is in order. Or at least find a way to cheaply repair PS/2 or USB ports.

have you recently unplugged/messed with the keyboard? if so, then its something you did and that should hint into the solution. perhaps its in the wrong port (like the mouse port). if its usb, then its probably something to do with windows detecting it.

if not, then check the drivers... if its correct or without problem, maybe it just broke on its own...

if it comes with software, reinstall the drivers and see if it detects it...

You guys wanna know how sad I am? Once my keyboard stopped working as I was talking with a friend...

and so not knowing about the onscreen keyboard, I looked back at our conversation and copied various letters, pasting them down into the chat window all using my mouse, to form what I was trying to type. I didn't even take the easy way out by using r for are... I found every letter, even capitalized ones, and did it that way to convey the point that my keyboard was screwed up, and i'd have to go afk for a while to fix it. LOL

boot up to safe mode, and see if it does crash in the safe mode. if it doesn't, you have either a virus or a very nasty spyware. if it still does, then you have a bad bad keyboard.

boot up to safe mode, and see if it does crash in the safe mode. if it doesn't, you have either a virus or a very nasty spyware. if it still does, then you have a bad bad keyboard.

And it needs to be punished.

And, for those that are interested, you can make your numpad control your mouse in accessibility as weel.

Only found that out a couple of days ago at work :D

oh shiznit!!!

note: this message as been typed without a keyboard.

back in highschool i used the old windows 95 Keymapper to well...basically lunch all of the programs in C:\programfiles everytime somone pressed the T key...pretty funny eh?

Back