Once upon a time in Mexico

Jangle

Tank
Reaction score
One word: wtf?

I know I'd probably understand the plot more if I'd seen the other two films, but for most of the film I didn't have a clue what was going on. Did anybody else find this film confusing?

Other than giving some backdrop to the el mariachi character, the other films have little bearing on this and won't make it any easier to understand.

Check out Desperado - not even slightly complicated and a better action flick.

it's really confusing till you have someone explain it to you like I had someone do to me.

and yes, watch the other 2; they're great.

I just recorded this last night. I heard that it isn't much different from Desperado apart from Johnny Depp's in it too.

This was a fun movie but Desperado is a classic.

Nope, I understood it, but didn't think it was all that great. El Mariachi was really surprising when I saw it in a high school Spanish class many many years ago...good stuff.

I loved it when i first saw it in the cinema so over the top :D

Desperado was better though, less Hollywood feel to it

I ****ing loved it, robert rodriguez really has a similar style to Tarantino. Everything's so perfect, it doesn't take itself seriously, it's jam filled with over the top action, great dialouges and brilliant actors. everything that happens is just totally awesome

I thought it was awesome, I just didn't have a clue what was going on until I saw the last ten minutes. Then I was like "Ohhh".

Desperado was better. They were both over-the-top, but I got the feeeling that Once Upon was going pretty overboard a lot of the time in terms of its plot, its action, and its overabundance of characters. Desperado looked subdued in comparison.

Desperado was awesome, and come to think of it, I have no idea why I haven't seen Once Upon a Time in Mexico yet :\.

I thought Once upon a time was good, But Desperado was awesome, and much better. El Mariachi (original in spanish) i thought was pretty alright.

Haven't seen Desperados, but Once upon a time in Mexico was just great. Sure, it's confusing and weird, but oh so cool :D

Back