OpenGL-ATI conflict?

staddydaddy

Reaction score
I recently installed my new 9800 pro 256mb this friday (9/26/03). I've tried to run Half-Life, via steam and .exe, and when ever I try, it says my card doesn't support opengl. Has anyone else come across this problem? I uninstalled my old GPU drivers (matrox g400) and searched through my registry for any artifacts and found none. If you know of a remedy for this problem, would you care to enlighten us. TIA

I take it you got the Catalyst 3.7 drivers? If you used the ones from the CD provided with the card, that's probably your problem right there..

If you DID get Cat. 3.7, then have you tried reinstalling them?

After I installed the card, I installed the drivers that came with the CD. Then I installed the cat3.7 drivers. I've read your suppose to uninstall the old drivers and then install new ones. True? Should uninstall all instances of ATI drivers and then install cat3.7?

Originally posted by staddydaddy
After I installed the card, I installed the drivers that came with the CD. Then I installed the cat3.7 drivers. I've read your suppose to uninstall the old drivers and then install new ones. True? Should uninstall all instances of ATI drivers and then install cat3.7?

yes, when you move from one set of ati drivers to another you should completely uninstall the previous drivers.

Try the omega 3.7's. I'm using them now on my 9800 PRO. Seem to be doing great so far. Although, it's only been 1 day. :)

Yeah it seems so...my frame rates drop to like 30...and I'm using Cat 3.7...I switch to Direct3d and it preforms alot better, at a solid 72 frames per second...with 6xAA and 2xAF

Back