Orange Box games missing

Slainchild

Reaction score
I bought the orange box last night via PayPal, everything worked fine. The games were added to my steam games list. Only problem was that I couldn't pre-load anything because of busy servers or some crap.

Anyway, I logged into steam this morning at work, and the games aren't listed at all. Whut?

Is there any way to manually add them to the list? I would like to play TF2 during lunch break too.. :hmph:

my god..are you sure you are logged in to the right account? Try clicking the orange box buy link and see if they actually ask you to buy it. If all else, email gabe.

my god..are you sure you are logged in to the right account? Try clicking the orange box buy link and see if they actually ask you to buy it. If all else, email gabe.

Yeah I'm logged in to the same account. When I go to buy it, it does want me to go through the process of buying it again. Bah. I'm hoping its some weird firewall problem thats not letting steam update properly.

Please don't tell people who need help to email Gabe at every opportunity to fix small glitches in Steam which are easily fixed by the troubleshooting guide / restarts and basic reinstalls. Email him for proper questions...

Ensure you have logged into the same account. Restart Steam. Check the preload options by right clicking the game.

Check out support - http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Try logging out and logging back in again. Perhaps deleting the "ClientRegistry.blob" file in your steam folder might help.

I couldn't find anything on steam support so if all else fails log a support request with them.

Alright, thanks guys. Restarting or deleting that file didnt work.

I checked that steam support page again (couldn't find an appropriate answer earlier), and found this: answer

I looked on my online banking transactions page, and the purchase isn't listed there. So... I guess my card was declined for whatever reason. :(

I looked on my online banking transactions page, and the purchase isn't listed there. So... I guess my card was declined for whatever reason. :(
Yea that must be it - pity they don't email you as to why so you can fix the problem. You weren't overdrawing or anything?

I was hoping to see a solution in here, since the exact same problem happened to me.

in fact, all the games I bought in the last year (since Episode 1) have disappeared from my list. my son's and my daughter's steam accounts, same thing, all the games are gone. garry's mod, the ship, orange box, hl: source.

I have already submitted an incident, but I figured I would post. and yes, I am logging into the right accounts, and no payments were not reversed (which would be weird especially since some of these purchases were made a year ago).

I tried deleting the blob file, and uninstall/reinstall.

I assume I have to wait for support, but if anyone has any other ideas that would be cool.

Just an update... I can and have been playing the orange box games at home (where I purchased them) so the payment must have gone through*. But still, I cannot get them to show on my steam games list at work.

I wonder if the games are bound to the machine you bought them on? (although I can still see all my other steam games at work)

:x

*edit: Yes, just checked my recent transactions online, and Paypal is now listed with the correct amount.

Edit2: Ok. Everything works now. Don't know what I did, but the games show up and I'm downloading TF2 right now. :|

Good for you!
I have to wait till around october 20th here in europe coz im not using steam :-( but ive waited this long,whats 10 more days!

Bizarre.

30 minutes ago I was playing Ep2. I stopped playing and left the machine on the Steam games list.

So I come back 5 minutes ago... and all the Orange Box games are gone from the list. :eek:

Also, various games which have long since been downloaded like Defcon and Ep1 now have "pre-load complete" next to them.

What?!

I fixed it now. :)

I did various things but I think ctrl + alt + delete and then shutting down Steam from the processes list and then restarting it by clicking on the desktop icon fixed it.

Very odd. :|

Yeah I got that yesterday immediately after playing my first round of Portal at like 2am MST...just restarted Steam and all was well...

Back