A901HT.jpg

Logitech MX518 1600dpi
LogitechMouse.gif

Steelpad QcK
http://shop.progamer***/images/Steelpad_QcK.jpg
Chicony kb-9885
http://desc.allshops***/images/23449.jpg

:D Just ordered

I'd recommend a new monitor. That thing is poopy.

Awesome setup. Haven't heard much about Club3D, althought they're probably reliable, being you bought 2 of them ;). Nice, enjoy. :)

HOLY CRAP! :cough cough: hey hummm you want to trade me for my Alienware? I have a Acer LCD 17 inch monitor and a Z-5500 Logitech 5.1 surrond sound stero system:)

ة الأسئلة الشائع said:
HOLY CRAP! :cough cough: hey hummm you want to trade me for my Alienware? I have a Acer LCD 17 inch monitor and a Z-5500 Logitech 5.1 surrond sound stero system:)
My MegaWorks is still better(IMO), and this monitor is a really good one (it looks old, but it's so awesome), so I guess I'll stick with that.

If you can, change your motherboard. Get the A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

Creative's speakers :DD

For that pricy computer I recommend dumping those and buying good pair of active monitors, eg. Behringer, Yamaha or Genelec. And a subwoofer maybe if really needed. All those "game über surround megabass speakers" are piece of crap. Discant is nearly always metallic and bass is terrible and cant reach the lowest scales...

EDIT: And that display... Yuck! Dump that too and buy some fast and 1600x1200 capable tft... Apple 30" Cinema HD would be cool but only few graphiccards for apple can handle its mega-resolution because it needs dual link dvi... x)

These speakers don't suck. They are perfect for gaming and the subwoofer does go deep (30hz ace) and it's really powerfull and chestthumpingly loud :D. I'm fine, thank you. And if I were to be buying a new speakerset, I would buy the Gigaworks 7.1 s750. I'm in love with those.

About that screen, I really like it. I have enough space for it, I don't WANT a bigger screensize (19" is just right), and it's really sharp in high resolutions.

Maybe next time when I feel like spending another €2000,- I'll buy some uber mega ultra big and beautiful screen.

EDIT: About those active monitors, this is a gaming pc, not some uber home cinema computer. I'd rather have good sounding 5.1 than uberperfect stereo. I do plan to buy some good monitors some day, and right now I have my eye on PMC AML1. Anyone feels like donating me €5000,-?

MY SOUND CARD IS STILL BETTER THEN YOURS!!! EAT POO!!! X-Fi Elite pro!

BTW it isn't really my pc. It's my dad's. I put it together and he payed it, so it's still his pc, but it's gonna be on *my* room :D but on *his* desk.. o well, he'll be at his work all day.. :) So I get to play on it when he isn't. Although in the evening he will be playing on it :(

.. no one wondered how I got €1800? I'm 16 :)

3,162.85 US dollars? Holy shite. But that is pretty ownage. How'd you get that much moneys?

But what about the cooling? I recommend Reserator2 and two 120mm silent casefans adjusted to mid-level so mo-bo wont fry because of insufficient airflow...

EDIT: oops didnt read the first post completely... Yeh that cpu-fan is good, but watercooling is more silent though.. If you're gonna carry that out to lanparties make shure that there is chain and lock around the case so ppl wont steal the contents :)

Nice PC, i've just bought new shit for mine and can reccomend http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_product_xp90C.htm with Zalman 92mm case fan for cooling, its amazing. Keeps my 64 3800+ real cool. All that stuff is a bit overkill but fair enough, if you have the money. I'm just using the 3800+, 2gb corsair xms ddr400 c2pt, x800 pro (ancient i know, but im not willing to upgrade it yet..cost me £320 not an awful long time ago) and a DFI lanparty ultra nf3 mobo, it runs WoW without any jerking what-so-ever at 6/16 aa/af at 1280x1024 full gfx so im a happy bunny :D

I can reccomend http://www.audioreview.com/cat/headphones-home-audio/headphones/sennheiser/PRD_118000_2750crx.aspx for headphones, they are absolutely hands down the best pair of headphones to ever go over my ears, although i believe you need an amp to get the most out of them (but they still rule for me).

The Brick said:
BTW it isn't really my pc. It's my dad's. I put it together and he payed it, so it's still his pc, but it's gonna be on *my* room :D but on *his* desk.. o well, he'll be at his work all day.. :) So I get to play on it when he isn't. Although in the evening he will be playing on it :(

.. no one wondered how I got €1800? I'm 16 :)

political favours? ;)

hehe I had to lol at your dad getting a killer gaming rig while you have to wait to play it ..mostly because that's what'll happen when my kid is old enouugh to use the computer .."sorry son this brand new uber-pc is for daddy, you can use that p3 I bought from the salvation army, I put in an ati 9250 pci video card so it should be ready to go ..enjoy"

Yeah well, my dad's a gamer too. Ofcourse that's cool. First of all, all your friends think it's cool, secondly you always have someone to play on a LAN, and thirdly, my dad has alot of money to buy parts :p. But it's like you said, it's his pc, and he gets to play on it whenever he wants, but most of the time he's at work :)

We actually have 4 gamers here (me, my dad, my brother and my sister) and 7 pc's (including the new one) on a LAN. One for each member of this family (5), one general gamepc, and one server. My dad and my sister play alot of Halo (since a while my dad plays css too.. alot:)) and my brother plays BF2. We used to play C&C Generals with 5 people on our LAN here.

Also, I'm getting 2 parts from my dad's old pc for my personal pc :). 9600XT 256mb and a stick of 512mb ddr400. I already have 512mb and an AMD 2800+ :D
But I'll be playing all new games on the new one, ofcourse.

I have quite a few good reasons to be a happy gamer :)

that's great! I'm a gamer dad and I hope in the future my son speaks as highly of me as you do of your father ..show your dad your post, he'd be proud :)

Heh, there are two gamers in my family, me and my brother. My sister plays MapleStory but that doesn't really count -.-'

CptStern said:
that's great! I'm a gamer dad and I hope in the future my son speaks as highly of me as you do of your father ..show your dad your post, he'd be proud :)
Actually I got my dad into gaming :D My mother HATES games and me playing them, and before my 'happy era', she was in charge of getting me to do other things aswell and keeping me away from gaming... There were tons of rules which I had to follow (keeping a log of the times at which I played, 10 hours a week max, no gaming when we had people over, etc). We always had fights, and about two years ago, she gave my dad the honor to watch over my gamingbehaviour...

I was playing Halo when my dad was watching me for a while. Since he likes alien-ass-kicking movies, he found Halo to be pretty cool and later I found him trying it out :D He was pretty fascinated by it. I loved teaching him the basics of a shooter. When he got a little control over walking and aiming at the same time, he started to love it. He finished halo on all skill levels, even on Legendary. When he had a hard time getting further, he could easily be trying the same part for 4 hours straight :|

Ofcourse my mother wasn't really happy, but ever since my dad's become a gamer, she stopped caring. So now I can game as long as I want :D

After my dad was getting bored of singleplayer, he tried multiplayer, and he played that for about a year and a half. He owned online after a while. He wasn't like a twitchflicking mr. perfectaim, but he was always getting the flags, so he always ended 1st on the scoreboard ("Teeheehee I won again"). He always knew what he was doing and he was very tactically. On top of that he knew the game to the bone.

Like 4 months ago he got interested in Css (he was watching me play it too) and he rarely plays Halo since. He found that Halo was getting annoying from all the factors that he didn't have controll over (lag and ping latency), so he only plays Css now. On css he still had situations of which he thought like 'nahh that can't be right', so he wanted to know if an uberfast pc and internet connection would help him out. I told him no, but he wanted to buy it anyways :p Ofcourse this is that pc. :)

Oh it's not like he doesn't know what the effects are of just a faster pc. He still knows more about pc's than I do (at the technical level atleast).

Pff I love my dad, and I love to help him while he plays and share my game-knowledge with him. <3

PS: It's not delivered yet :(

EDIT: OMG just when I clicked 'submit reply' the doorbell rang and guess what :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

wow great story ..I plan to be that same dad when my son is old enough

enjoy your pc and tell your dad from one dad to another I think he's cool :)

Whoa add a new super keyboard to that list :)

Logitech G15
http://www.dvhardware.net/news/logitech_g15_keyboard_5.jpg

That is one awesome keyboard. The macrobuttons are really handy (the ones on the left).

Oh and everything works fine and fast btw. I originally planned to make some large review post of how we built it and with lots of photos, but I turned out to be too lazy. One thing I do want to say about it is that the Antec Sonata II medium tower is a truly awesome Pc case. It's very quiet, has some ventilation shaft in it (for better airflow) and I love the harddisk and optical drives are set in place.
http://www.futurelooks.com/uploads/156/optical slots-2.JPG
You just have to attatch two holders on them and you just click them in. You can get them out just as easily. Oh and the case is a beauty. (review + pictures)

Everything runs silky smooth, with forced AF x16 and 8x super transparancy AA (which truly is an awesome feature, it is way better than 6x normal AA, NO JAGGIES AT ALL)
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8312/d1trainstation0400004gz.jpg

There only is one silly annoying problem, and that is that the pc takes about 5 minutes to get to the shut down menu, and even longer to actually shut down. So a quick reboot isn't possible. Oh the irony.

Back