P4

J

jimbeau

My p4 3.06 MHZ 533 MHZ FBS

RADEON 9700 PRO

Is going to kik ass when HL @ comes out :D>

No, a watercooled P4 at 4.5ghz and a 9800 Pro at 500/500 will kick ass.

Should have gpt the P4 3.0 Ghz with 800 FSB. :thumbs:

you could have got a 2.4c for cheaper, which will easily overclock to 3-3.3 GHZ with stock cooler

and the 9800 is better

Originally posted by jimbeau
My p4 3.06 MHZ 533 MHZ FBS

RADEON 9700 PRO

Is going to kik ass when HL @ comes out :D>

this thread is about as useful as heater in the desert.

Originally posted by dawdler
No, a watercooled P4 at 4.5ghz and a 9800 Pro at 500/500 will kick ass.

you'll need nitrogen to do that and it won't be stable at all ;o

A heater is useful in the desert at night when it gets cold.

Who cares Jimbo, why don't you post something actually worth reading... You see, posting your specs and screaming they ruL3z is a dumb thing to do, why don't you post benchmark results instead of this crap.

Originally posted by Steven Q Urkle
you could have got a 2.4c for cheaper, which will easily overclock to 3-3.3 GHZ with stock cooler

and the 9800 is better

No you cannot overclock 900MHZ with the stock cooler...Jesus christ your going to make people fry their CPU.

Originally posted by rootbin
you'll need nitrogen to do that and it won't be stable at all ;o
Yeah, that's what they said about the magical 1ghz limit too :p

Originally posted by guinny
A heater is useful in the desert at night when it gets cold.

very well, an airconditioner in the arctic

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
very well, an airconditioner in the arctic

What if you worked in the furnace room in a facility in the arctic?

Originally posted by Northwood83
No you cannot overclock 900MHZ with the stock cooler...Jesus christ your going to make people fry their CPU.

yeah ...you can .....

Crab, Have you had any experience in this personally? You cannot overlock a P4 by 900 MHZ using the stock HSF that included.
Personally I can only get a 350MHZ increase with mine. Albeit I have rambus so the ram wont clock as high as DDR (In order to OC a P4 you have to do the memory along with the CPU). Most memory cant handle that much of an increase, and if it could you will not be able to do it with the stock HSF.

A little article to back this up http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20020117/index.html
Quite old, however it still rings true. They obtained a 1ghz increase using liquid nitrogen. Id like to see someone overclock a P4 by 900MHZ and have it run stable with the stock HSF.

wowww, 3.0C to 3.6 with STOCK COOLING. sweet. i'm getting the 3.0C, AND my case has 7 fans, plus a zalman copper cooling system for the cpu. plus my radeon 9800pro is the 'ultimate' version, meaning it has a huuge heatsink on it. i'll be running at 3.6ghz, kids :D

Originally posted by crabcakes66
Do you have a new 800mhz fsb p4c? ......The 2.4c can obtain incredible speeds with nothing but stock cooling.

heres 1

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/p4-2400c-oc.html

heres 2

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDcx

heres 3

http://www.tweaknews.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=568

....do some more research..... It is easily done with stock air cooling

For the first two links, 600MHZ is quite different from 900MHZ. As for the last, its in unsubstantiated claim from a forum user. If the person did indeed get it to overclock 1.2GHZ with stock aircooling its a fluke and I highly doubt anyone here would ever see those kinds of numbers.

Having looked around a bit, only very few users are reporting 700+ overclocks, Most reports 550-600MHZ overclocks being their limit. Oh well. :cheers:

well..those were not the best examples..i only spent 2 minutes finding them....try looking a little harder.

Ive seen numerous articles from review sites and dozens of people on differant hardware forums posting 3.3 ghz with stock cooling..some higher some lower... depending on there setup.

I am not in the mood to argue......so believe whatever the **** you want.

Re: Re: P4

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
this thread is about as useful as heater in the desert.

Well it does get cold in the desert at night.

Northwood, try looking on the OCIng sub-forum on www.hardforum.com There is like 5 threads about OCing the 2.4c on each page. Read around, come back and tell me what you see.

It doesnt matter. Cause all P4's get owned by Athlons clocked at 3.5ghz, me guessing its something of a 4000+ or 4500+ :)

I dont think 3.5 ghz is possible on an athlon.....

Dawdler is a damn swede whos jokes arent funny :p

True... I would prefer the 5.13 ghz P4 instead... And the 2.4c clocked to 4.35 ghz wouldnt be bad either :)

Edit: True refering to the post above crabs, they gotten an Athlon 3000+ to 3.613 ghz

Edit: Now when I think on it, why did I say true at all? No idea :)

/me waits for hl2, so he can wait to show all u ppl that an AMD and NVIDIA setup will work, not good and well, but very good...

Back