Parametric animation?

tokin

Reaction score
Valve said it would be present in TF2 and planned to do it with the source engine. Most of the videos i have seen don't really show it. An old TF2 video showed how they could move the necks and muslces and just about every muscle to make it look super realistic. Instead of strafing side ways and shooting, they said you could run straight while turning your upper torso and firing. I've noticed in the new CS:S videos it isn't really present, you can kind of see it sometimes but not really. Anyone else remember or see the TF2 video im talking about? Just seems to me they didn't work as hard on that aspec of the game/engine.

Its more of a feature than a technology piece that is going to be in every game.

It could still be in TF2 I suppose. But somehow I doubt it...

That's actually in CS as it stands..
It's not exactly great looking, but it's there

but then the TF2 screens did look like saucy Halflife models so i think we shall probably have to discount much of what was promised.

it SHOULD be in hl2, if they had it on tf2. hard to say if they did, though, because all we ever saw of tf2 was a bunch of non-gameplay scripted sequences.

I read PARAMEDIC ANIMATION , I was wondering what you were on about.

It has animation blending which is pretty much the same thing.

CreamOfetus said:
it SHOULD be in hl2, if they had it on tf2. hard to say if they did, though, because all we ever saw of tf2 was a bunch of non-gameplay scripted sequences.
it should, that doesnt mean it will be however.

in TF2 they planned to do air dynamics (one such use was, a grenade explosion would traverse down thin corridors)

however it will not be in HL2 (I emailed and got a response from Rick Ellis. in the info from valve thread)

tokin said:
Valve said it would be present in TF2 and planned to do it with the source engine. Most of the videos i have seen don't really show it. An old TF2 video showed how they could move the necks and muslces and just about every muscle to make it look super realistic. Instead of strafing side ways and shooting, they said you could run straight while turning your upper torso and firing. I've noticed in the new CS:S videos it isn't really present, you can kind of see it sometimes but not really. Anyone else remember or see the TF2 video im talking about? Just seems to me they didn't work as hard on that aspec of the game/engine.

Have a link to that vid?

This is a non issue.

halflife has this technology, halflife 2 has the same tech but it's done better.... geez, didn't you guys notice it in halflife ... years ago?!

Counter Strike:Source is just that...Counter-Strike ported to source, the game isn't going to be much different in terms of animations but i'm sure that they've improved that in TF2.

Back