PC Gamer US review, maybe.

A

Alec-Eiffel

http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/show_messages.php?board=314159267&topic=16738857&page=0

98%

Pros - "Everything: Graphics, plot, gameplay. Its what experts have been predicting for this medium"

Lows - "Squadmates sometimes get in your way; low res textures in huge outdoor scenes"

"Valve has forged the framework for the next generation of games, demonstrating what our medium can and should be able to accomplish"

"An exhilarating entertainment that can emotionally move you one moment, kick ******* the next, and keep you immersed the whole time."

Can someone confirm if this is true?

Until that dude posts a scan of at least the scorebox I could care less. But if it is indeed 98% then w00t!!!!

spitcodfry said:
Until that dude posts a scan of at least the scorebox I could care less. But if it is indeed 98% then w00t!!!!

I know Icarus has seen it, and I'm waiting on him to confirm if it's true.

bump this up there, i need to know if this is true!

It's usually not a good sign when the one who breaks the news fails to return for discussion during the entire 5-page thread. As this poster (in the same discussion) puts it:

come on, the guy posted once, and you would see this news all over if it was true

This is unless, of course, the guy is scrambling to reduce image sizes and what not from scans he's hurriedly trying to post. I doubt it though. Would be awesome if it scored that good though.

The grammar nazi would like to say something:

There was a thread on that here, at HL2 Fallout, and at the Gamespot forum. The apostrophe was missing in the "its" each time. I would think that if they were directly transposing it from the magazine, they would type it EXACTLY as it appears.

My theory: The guy at HL2 Fallout was bogus, Gamespot guy saw him and copied what he said.

Narcolepsy said:
The grammar nazi would like to say something:

There was a thread on that here, at HL2 Fallout, and at the Gamespot forum. The apostrophe was missing in the "its" each time. I would think that if they were directly transposing it from the magazine, they would type it EXACTLY as it appears.

My theory: The guy at HL2 Fallout was bogus, Gamespot guy saw him and copied what he said.

Same thing happened with another person at Gamespot who got his PC Zone mag, the grammar and spelling was a bit messed up, but someone else posted scans of the parts he quoted (the scans were quickly deleted by mods).

Narcolepsy said:
The apostrophe was missing in the "its" each time. I would think that if they were directly transposing it from the magazine, they would type it EXACTLY as it appears.

Maybe you would, but people are different and all are prone to error, who knows, the person could have been typing very fast to be the first one to break the news on the internet.

Remember the 90% HL2 review, people were judging grammar and writing too and concluded it was false, and it wasn't.

OMG ITS CLIFFEE !!!oneoneone
w00t about the score

p.s you did a great job on CS:S

cliffe said:
This is legitimate.

There's rumours going around of a 10/10 for Half-Life 2 from Edge magazine. Don't suppose you can confirm that too? ;)

CS: Source is completely awesome by the way.

Woo! Great!

...wait. I was going to get it anyway, what do I care about several abnormally high scores?

I confirmed it as correct, no one believed me, although my credibility was nothing at that time, now, hopefully i have some.

DoctorGordon said:
I confirmed it as correct, no one believed me, although my credibility was nothing at that time, now, hopefully i have some.
Dr.Gordon is teh best !!!

siiiiiick. i think the game is gold but they arent telling us.

Awesome! Now if I would just get the damn review already!

damn I was 2% higher on my guess. I said 100% but 98% is definately VERY good. GG Valve...GG...

I just thought about it for a second.

This means that Alpha Centauri (haha) finally is tied for the highest rating ever from PCG.

This rating is kinda high, and the cons given would dock a few more points in my book.

But of course, I haven't played it yet, so we'll just see.

Concept said:
There's rumours going around of a 10/10 for Half-Life 2 from Edge magazine.

I very much doubt Edge have had access to the game at this point in time.

It's the last mag I'd expect to review on the basis of non-gold code.

Can any one quote me ?

Can you guys see this post ?

Back