PCGamer has another "Earth-Shattering Review" and HL2 is supposed to be RC... Think

Iced_Eagle

Tank
Reaction score
I just got my October 2004 PCGamer for subscribers, the D&D Online 30th Anniversary issue, and next month it says

You won't believe what we've scored for you. Hot on the heels of our Doom 3 review, we've snagged another SENSES-SHATTERING WORLD EXCLUSIVE -- one that's going to have the whole industry racing to these very pages. It's yours in a mere 30 days!

Well let's see, HL2 art and stuff is getting preloaded in 2 days, people have playtested it who visited there and according to the 16 days no bugs thing, they should be in RC by now which is excellent news!

I really think it's a HL2 review... Just put the pieces together :farmer:

well thats obvious... unless they are deeming something else as a SENSES SHATTERING WORLD EXCLUSIVE... which i doubt they can... nothing else major will be out... (plus the reviews are normally out a week/or 2 before hte major exclusive reviews...

Andy

: edit : Adding sarcasm...

When the pieces are a square hole and a square peg its not difficult to put them together is it :p

BAd sarcasm i know... a little tired... :(

:bounce:

Well I put this in the rumor and speculation because sometimes they hype up for things they think are earth shaterring... Like Vampires Masquerade or something IDK.....

I'm fairly confident it's HL2 though.

I can't see Bloodlines being released before HL2 though.
Considering they use the same engine (duh).

dkelly said:
I can't see Bloodlines being released before HL2 though.
Considering they use the same engine (duh).

I know that buddy about the release thing.... Even though it doesn't get released for a while it doesn't mean they can't have it in their mag..... I'm just saying there _are_ other possibilities besides HL2 but I doubt it.

I doubt it's Bloodlines.

Yet, i can't convince myself that it's HL2. Perhaps I'm just being skeptical, considering everything we've been through. I hope that I'm wrong though.

Damn, I really hope that PC game won't have the first review.

PC Gamer was the first magazine to have a little write-up on their playtest, so it is very possible that it is Half-Life 2.

pcgamer sucks tool. I could seriously find out more about any game in about 5 minutes of surfung than I can on any game previewd in pcgamer ..if you take out the ads, screenshots, and overabundance of repetative content your left with about a page and half of text ...80% of the magazine is advertisement

PC ZONE rules, and guys, its Doom 3 that the review is, check their website!!

Sorry 2 dissapoint!!

By that time plenty of mags will have gotten a a review version of HL2 I think....if everything still goes according to plan

merther02 said:
PC ZONE rules, and guys, its Doom 3 that the review is, check their website!!

Sorry 2 dissapoint!!

We are talking about the November edition, not september. :dozey:

October issue is out? Man i should subscribe to these magazines instead of just buying them from the store.....

anyone remember PCXL? now THAT was a great PC mag. they are the only mag ever in my opinion to give half-life a righteous mark: 11/10.

i'm sure they won't even give HL2 the same score as hl1, that is 97%.

trizzm said:
anyone remember PCXL? now THAT was a great PC mag. they are the only mag ever in my opinion to give half-life a righteous mark: 11/10.

i'm sure they won't even give HL2 the same score as hl1, that is 97%.

PCXL was a great gaming magazine! Great, god the staff of pcxl was great too, true fps gamers. :afro:

And I just can't see any other review besides doom 3 or half-life 2 being considered 'earth shattering'. Unless its TF2 or duke nukem forever

PCGamer is starting to get extremely pathetic. Their content has gone down, their ads have gone up, as well as their number of screenshots. Everyone thinks they're "fair" because they slag some shtty game from a small developer and know the developer will never fight back. Recently, Rob, Chiaki, and Trotter have left, and that's a bad sign...

Computer Gaming World with Editor-in-Chief Jeff Green imo is by far the best gaming magazine out there. It's got a rich sense of humor, gives honest reviews, and has a great staff.

Computer Gaming World=SUX
PCGamer=ROX

PCGamer is the best PC games magazine ever. PCGamer is also the world's best-selling PC games magazine. CGW just doesn't compare.

I personally trust Gamespot's PC reviews more, that Greg kavasin guy is a real critic - so his ratings are mostly fair and concise IMO.

what? gamespot? motherhumpers only gave half-life 9.4 . screw them bastards.

I guess it has to be Half-life 2?No its probably Call of Duty:United Offensive. Yeah, PCZone have reviewed it, i guess it has to be it.

Any word from Valve on this?

Ok if it IS really a HL2 review, that means the game is already gold.....

Cyperious said:
PCGamer is starting to get extremely pathetic. Their content has gone down, their ads have gone up, as well as their number of screenshots. Everyone thinks they're "fair" because they slag some shtty game from a small developer and know the developer will never fight back. Recently, Rob, Chiaki, and Trotter have left, and that's a bad sign...

Would you happen to be from the US? Because if so, it sounds like you guys got ass-raped in terms of PCG quality. You should see about getting ahold of some PCG UK, their quality has increased marginally in the last few months.