People that have payed up for HL2 -- are u going to cancel?

S

slammer

I think since max payne 2 has gone gold thats where my money is going since valve didnt keep release date. So in other words valve -SCREW U

well c ya later fag. its great to see dumbasses like you leave hl2.

i'm not cancelling, im buying max payne 2 and HL2, and doom3, and farcry, and stalker, BAM.

If it starts getting to be late November and Valve is still keeping vague on the release date, I'll probably cancel, but until then, there's really no other games at the moment that I consider "Must buys!" I'll get Max Payne 2 eventually, but not right away. The only other game I'm really looking forward to is Knights Of The Old Republic.

Hell no..... No plans to cancel. They can keep my prepay money as long as they want. As long as I'm playing it within 3 business days of their ship date, I'm happy.

I plan to get HL2 whenever it comes out, so... no....

I will be getting Collectors Edition cause of the delay. How can you not buy this game ?

i am debating this. I put down 20 dollars a little before the 30th and am wondering if i should get it back and spend it on things i need now and then get hl2 when it comes out. Could be months from now.

With no new media/news going on since way before the 30th, and now the drama with the leak I basically put Half-Life2 on the background of my games to look forward list...which was basically halflife2 and halo, and now that halo is out i have nothing really to hope for, unless i hear a confirmed comment from valve about the release date.

dont get halo man -- i have it and its a game for 12 year olds

I'm getting both. Just because a game takes a while to come out doesn't mean I should never buy it. I think I see what you're saying though, you're on a budget and you thought HL2 was coming soon so you already preordered it with your hard earned cash. I'd say, yes, take the preorder from HL2 and get Max Payne 2. Then save up for HL2, probably coming by late November. It's cool that games like Max Payne 2 and XIII are coming out very soon to tide us over until HL2. But, if you're saying you're never going to get HL2 once its released because Valve delayed it at one point, then we all know you're full of it. You'll wait for it. You'll buy it when it's released. And you'll like it.:bounce:

Well, I'm kinda regretting putting my down payment on the game ($20 @ EB), because I'm kinda thinking the game is going to be delayed until early 2004...I'm still gonna buy it, but dissapointed it's delayed.

Originally posted by slammer

i already 'obtained' it. Its a good single player game. The performance of the game pisses me off:

My desktop with axp 2000+, 512mb ram, and ti4200 is very playable

my laptop with p4 3.0, 1024 dual channel 400 ddr, and mobility 9600pro terrible performance and the screen ghost like no other.

good call saltycrackers ur 100percent right. I will always buy HL2 as long as the money stretches but in the meantime max payne 2 is a good call:cheers:

ordered with overnight rush delivery........no i dont plan to cancel.....

Originally posted by slammer

I'm guessing you're 14, so you think being called a 12-year old is the 'ultimate insult.' I guess that would explain your short attention spam.

wow what are u an ant-- yea talk down u maybe ill shine ur shoes to son

Originally posted by crabcakes66
ordered with overnight rush delivery........no i dont plan to cancel.....

Same... Overnight rules...

Halo is a great FPS for a console, and a medicore one for PC. If only they optimized it (IT F**KING NEEDS IT!) to run well on a PC, id give it a 85 (out of 100). But since it lags (fps lag i mean) to all hell and back on a athlon xp 1800, ti 4200 , 512ddr, etc,etc, i would only give it a 70. And the level design is weridly reptitive. Lets just say I have "demoed" it and decided not to buy it (I really would if it was a good game, but its not). I am only bout 2hrs gameply into SP , and didnt get a chance to MP it yet.

I preordered it with same day delivery. The only catch is, I have to go to my local EB and pick it up!

Back