Plan of Attack Beta 2 Launch This Monday

Kangy

Reaction score
The Plan of Attack 2 team sent along word today that they intend to launch the second beta of their popular modification on Monday, as well as an interview with their first dedicated fan site. Surely a good sign that the first Half-Life 2 modifications are growing at great speed.

POASource, the first fan site for the Plan of Attack modification, has posted an interview with the POA dev team, including three exclusive screenshots from Beta 2.
[br]
[br]The interview focuses on the upcoming release of Modstats, a very in-depth web-based stats tracking system that will be released very
soon.
[br]
[br]Plan of Attack Beta 2 will be released next Monday, and includes a
new map, two new weapons, and a number of gameplay changes. The
interview can be read here.

Pretty sick. I found the first one's gameplay fantastic, a bit cs'ish at first, but when you get into it, theres a lot more. I didn't like the laggyish gun fights and the recoil. It was a bit too much. A pistol overpowered a rifle because of it. Hard to pick up, but a good solid mod. It gave me a good feeling for the future of HL2 mods. I'll download the second beta, hopefully a few more decent maps, maybe I can find a favorite or two.

WritingARequiem said:
maybe I can find a favorite or two.

Yeah, having in mind the fact that there will be only two maps at the moment :p So I guess you'll find one or two that suit you best :D

stinger.aim92 said:
Yeah, having in mind the fact that there will be only two maps at the moment :p So I guess you'll find one or two that suit you best :D
I saw that after I posted, but still, there'll be maps in el future, and theres a custom or 2. Subway's aight, and the sniping map brinks back CS memories...and not the good ones.

I played the first release and although its not a brilliant, outstanding mod, its not bad and could evolve into something quite good, just needs some work. It needs to move away from the Half Life one feel it has at the mo, sort them models out =).

Boxy said:
I played the first release and although its not a brilliant, outstanding mod, its not bad and could evolve into something quite good, just needs some work. It needs to move away from the Half Life one feel it has at the mo, sort them models out =).
Half-Lfe 1 feel?
I find it a Half-Life 2 feel.

Are you kidding, with those square looking models? They said themselves that it originated from a Halflife 1 prototype, or in other words prob was made on HL1 and then ported to number 2 on its release...but a flame war is not what im looking for here.

Cool, looking forward to it. I still play the Beta 1 and it's pretty fun but a lot of the gameplay and mechanics need some ironing out. I threw a grenade at the end of the round, but instead it got thrown at the beginning of the next round and I ended up blowing up myself.

Kangy said:
The Plan of Attack 2 team sent along word today that they intend to launch the second beta of their popular modification on Monday, as well as an interview with their first dedicated fan site. Surely a good sign that the first Half-Life 2 modifications are growing at great speed.

WHOA! (might want to fix that)

Back