Plan of Attack: Beta 4 Out Wednesday

A

Azlan

It is hard to believe how many great features that Plan of Attack actually has. From experience points to Statistics that are tracked across ALL servers for every player, Plan of Attack is gaining a lot of popularity. The game utilizes past ideas from games like Counterstrike: Source, such as the money system, and does its best to improve upon them. [br]</br>Today, they get ready for Beta 4's release this Wednesday, and to celebrate they have sent some teaser shots and a movie.[br]</br>To view the movie, simply click http://www.planofattackgame.com/beta4/beta4-movie.wmv ">this movie here[/url].[br]

[url=http://www.halflife2.net/news//1128442308_065.jpg]
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
[br]To learn more about Plan of Attack, visit their website.

Looking a lot better, ill keep my eye on this one

will download for the first time
i don't understand alot of the negativity about this mod - it looks and sounds very good

video wasnt very interesting, looks like the old PoAs, but i will definetely check the new version once it comes out

THe maps look pretty good. Hand models seem too rounded and undetailed. I ahven't played since Beta 1. I'll probably download it when it comes out.

hmm, they have to remake the hand model... it looks so hl1 :|, but the rest of it looks pritty gooood :D

-dodo

Looks OK, Im going to try it again when this beta is released!

Their art is looking better now :)

I would love to see a static prop isstead of brushes for that hole in the wall tho.

I still hate real world mods tho. Sci fi plz

don't want to be negative, but whats with the hl1 maps lol, so lowpoly, so undetailed, learn from the counterstrike source maps punks! :D

Azlan said:
It is hard to believe how many great features that Plan of Attack actually has.

Yes, it is hard to beleive. That there are any, that is.

Their hand models look like someone shoved hotdogs in the finger holes of the glove.

i still think they need 1 or 2 more guns

Why?? What the **** is the obsession with loads of guns. Do the real military get to chose what guns they want individually. no they dont. aslong as the arsenal fulfuls all possible roles then its ok

We need more guns and dual wielding!!

I like the look of the gun models. I tried out a beta of Plan of Attack once. I stopped immediately because the graphics looked like arse, I mean what the hell? It was like I was playing HL1 again, they need to get some level artists. The new level in those screens doesn't look too bad. Another thing was that despite it looking like crap it ran incredibly slow, and I mean so slow to the point that I had to quit the game. Blah!

havent played it since beta 1...might check it out if they can get some better maps...

Gusdor said:
Why?? What the **** is the obsession with loads of guns. Do the real military get to chose what guns they want individually. no they dont. aslong as the arsenal fulfuls all possible roles then its ok

do insurgents really pay $5,000 for an RPG ? NO

this isn't ment to be a game like real life, they need to make it fun for the player.

The buy system turns me away. And that is really it. Gameplay is ok, when you can afford the gun for your class.

Do the real military get to chose what guns they want individually. no they dont.
True but they dont have to buy it at the start of a battle either :)

oh boy, Its only a mod!
All you people expect uber graphics from people who make this game for free and are not pro's. Whats the point of complaining all the time?
I had more fun with this mod than I ever did with CS:S, the gameplay is slower and the team play is better(I love that).

Saying that this mod doesnt have new features is so stupid because you know they have. Whats the point of making this mod look bad... is it cool or something? What about the interactive map, the multiple obj/map, the cool stats system? Those are all great and unique features!

If you dont like it because of the graphics, go play CS and shut up!

EVIL said:
don't want to be negative, but whats with the hl1 maps lol, so lowpoly, so undetailed, learn from the counterstrike source maps punks! :D

Agreed, I think the map aspect of things needs some work. They need a lot more detail and refinement overall, I'd say.

Am I the only one who thinks the whole 'plan' thing is silly? Does it ever get used? I dont play PoA that often so I wouldn't know.

Here's an idea; maybe take some time out of your hectic "bashing other mods" schedule and actually play the damn game before offering your opinion on it?

dissimulated said:
Here's an idea; maybe take some time out of your hectic "bashing other mods" schedule and actually play the damn game before offering your opinion on it?

I have played it quite a bit, and I agree that it's not that good. Just because someone has a negative opinion doesn't mean that they haven't played it. After all, some people have been known to dislike Daikatana after playing it for a while.

I have played it quite a bit, and I agree that it's not that good. Just because someone has a negative opinion doesn't mean that they haven't played it. After all, some people have been known to dislike Daikatana after playing it for a while.

wait people actually managed to get pass the starting without imploding into a pocket universe?

A really promissing mod. Having a lot of good time with this one. They have made good progress since beta 1.

There's some lag issues, but they will hopefully be fixed soon.

Played it for awhile, didn't really like it. The gun models need to be fixed. Maps need to be fixed up also. Gameplay needs tweaking. It has potential, just... not quite there.

Back