Planning ahead?

Glo-Boy

Reaction score
When HL1 was being created, I wonder if Valve thought of HL2 at all, with the combine, and Alyx, and all that jazz. There are very few clues as to what happens in HL2 that we can extract from HL1.

With this in mind, it brings me to my next question: Will there be a considerable amount of clues regarding HL3 in HL2? More than we had to go on with HL1?

Thoughts and input. Cheers.

Glo-Boy said:
When HL1 was being created, I wonder if Valve thought of HL2 at all, with the combine, and Alyx, and all that jazz. There are very few clues as to what happens in HL2 that we can extract from HL1.

With this in mind, it brings me to my next question: Will there be a considerable amount of clues regarding HL3 in HL2? More than we had to go on with HL1?

Thoughts and input. Cheers.

Half-life 1 was probably not made with the intention of Half-life 2 being made. But, as has become common nowadays they did make Half-life 1 with a bigger story in mind. Maybe simply because such things often produce better stories and maybe because they accepted HAlf-life 2 as a possibility. Now, with Half-life 3 a certainty, I would not be surprised if there where MORE clues to it than from 1 to 2. But, I'd prefer not. I want 2 to feel as complete at the end of 2 as I did at the end of 1. Not less complete.

are you the glo-boy from counter-strike skins?

Demon Wraith said:
Half-life 1 was probably not made with the intention of Half-life 2 being made. But, as has become common nowadays they did make Half-life 1 with a bigger story in mind. Maybe simply because such things often produce better stories and maybe because they accepted HAlf-life 2 as a possibility. Now, with Half-life 3 a certainty, I would not be surprised if there where MORE clues to it than from 1 to 2. But, I'd prefer not. I want 2 to feel as complete at the end of 2 as I did at the end of 1. Not less complete.
What he said. That's pretty much exactly what happened.

Cylyk:
Yes I most certainly am - who are you? Your moniker sounds familiar, but it might not be. Is this your usual name? :)

I think only crappy games are made with the sequal built in so they can just pop it out in a couple of months.

Back