please tell me how to check what fan i have

Is it quiet? Does it move a lot of air? What brand is it?

Adabiviak said:
Is it quiet? Does it move a lot of air? What brand is it? And why do you want to know how good your fan is? Are you having overheat problems?:smoking:
If you're using a stock fans that came with your PC it's probably an OK fan but not supportive to an OC CPU, if that's your intentions hiding behind your curiosity.

it came with my pc but i had it build so its not a companies like dell or compaq or anything. its quite loud. i think its a standard one. the problem is half life is fine loading, but when the game starts, it only works for like 5-10mins and freezes. its not too bad with the online deathmatch but still freezes eventually. i read that it could be my graphics card overheating, it was quite dusty, but ive just cleaned it all out inc. the fans, and it still freezes.

i have a 256MB ATI radeon 9550 and and radeon secondary, all with updated drivers.

what should i do?? :'(

Bounty_Bam said:
it came with my pc but i had it build so its not a companies like dell or compaq or anything. its quite loud. i think its a standard one. the problem is half life is fine loading, but when the game starts, it only works for like 5-10mins and freezes. its not too bad with the online deathmatch but still freezes eventually. i read that it could be my graphics card overheating, it was quite dusty, but ive just cleaned it all out inc. the fans, and it still freezes.

i have a 256MB ATI radeon 9550 and and radeon secondary, all with updated drivers.

what should i do?? :'(

Well you got At least 5 fans spinning at any given PC. How do you know which one is load?
CPU, GPU, PC Case has 1 if not 2, PSU, all have fans.
Most fans will last with PCs without failing. As far as overheating GPU goes if you did not OC something and all of your fans are working properly, most likely system will not overheat no matter what software you're using, and as long as you do have the requared spec to run that particular sofware.
Unlike your case, because Radeon 9550 is an old card and probably will overheat in HL2.

And what do you mean by radeon secondary?

i have no idea, it just says secondary as well as the standard card. i only 3 fans, 1 on the processor, 1 in general (at the back), and a small one near it (magicduct)

Bounty_Bam said:
i have no idea, it just says secondary as well as the standard card. i only 3 fans, 1 on the processor, 1 in general (at the back), and a small one near it (magicduct)

The Radeon cards with two monitor connectors will list a Primary and Secondary adapter so that you can run different settings to each monitor. It's just one card, though.

Back