Poision Zombie

Ryjalon5k

Reaction score
wow im pretty excited about this find, you all know about the "posion zombies" in HL2 right? well i was just playing opposing force, and i noticed that i came upon a zombie w/ headcrab still attached, and it was more mutated, it also "flung" something at me which did some pretty good damage, i figured it was Posion because it showed green damage indicators instead of red. If u remember earlier in the game a scientist said "look at this mutation" "I wonder what the next stage would be?"

Maybe this is the posion zombie that will be in HL2

a gonome? oh well im not too familiar with opfor creatures, but its stomach was open like a zombies, only alot wider, and it had a headcrab on its face, only the headcrab was..its head.

this isnt a zombie grunt, its most definelty an evoulution of a zombie, its bigger, faster and it throws blood/posion/gak at me.

GuNzABlaZiN said:
What makes you think that there are poison zombies in HL2?

go to the enemies section of this website, posion zombie is listed there.

Theres no proof that it ever was in the game. That section is speculation.

GuNzABlaZiN said:

Check the preloaded files...

GuNzABlaZiN said:

i still think it could be a possibility.

im going to finish opfor now. peace

The part where you are underground and have to jump past the pipes with the flames....near the beggining. Actually, these types are spread through out the game. They will throw their guts at you if you're too far away.

Here is a zombie grunt:
http://www.planethalflife.com/opfor/images/zombiegrunt.jpg
Description:
An unfortunate grunt who got himself headcrabbed and turned into a zombie. Expect headcrabbed security guards, as well. These creatures are, as you might expect, rather mindless, though don't underestimate them. They're quite dangerous enough, especially if they get close enough to start slashing at you with their claws. Very nasty stuff.

Gonome
http://www.svencoop.com/monsterimages/gonome_small.jpg
Description:
Zombies that were not eliminated by the Military or by Freeman hid themselves away in the dark depths of Black Mesa to continue their gestation, becoming the Gonome within a few hours.

The gonome has lot less human features than the zombie, including a strong exoskeleton, a more muscular build, and a large mouth in the center of its torso. The Gonome is faster, stronger and smarter than the zombie, and is a much larger threat as a result.

As well as strong melee attacks, the gonome can also throw acidic spit, similar to the Bullsquid, that can burn through skin and armor.

Evil^Milk said:
to quote some guy:

they throw tomatoes at you.
Oh good, thanks that explains everything now. :LOL:
I doubt they will be in hl2 though, they would be cool if they were.

I have a pic of a poisen zombie...ugghhhh...scary stuff! :naughty: :afro:

Yes, Gonomes popped up in OP4. They're the next stage of mutation for your average Mawman.

I don't think poison zombies are the same thing... according to the enemies section, they're made by black headcrabs.

Back