Poll: Will VAC2 and Future VACs Eliminate Cheating?

Will VAC2 and Future VACs Eliminate Cheating?

• YES

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • NO

Votes: 32 64.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They will stop most of it on secure servers and slow down cheat creators. Of course they will never wipe out cheating completely though.

it will definatly cut down on the amount of morons that download aimbots and crap but it won't stop the hardcore cheaters

Yes.

Vac for 1.6 was a beta, this is a full version. Lets hope it will do its job.

Will slow them down alot because of the perminent ban issue. But wont stop them completely.

No.

Where there's a will, there's a way, and "eliminate" is a strong word.

But at least it'll slow down the script kiddies pulling "hax" off of websites.

unfortunately not...

it work for a while untill the dumbasses find a way around it...hopefully the the first batch of bans will put a scare in some of the would be cheaters...that is if there's not some sort of working steam-id generater thing out there...

Here's hoping it does, but most likely there will be ways around it.

I doubt it will prevent all cheating forever, seems like there are hundreds of talented people who have nothing better to do than to find new ways to cheat in online games. Its pretty sad really, they could be using their skills for something much better instead of making online games an unpleasant experience for the rest of us.

I'm sure it will drastically reduce the amount of cheaters, not so many people want to risk their steam accounts. Valve will probably keep updating VAC whenever they detect new hacks, etc.

It'll work for about a week (If that..)
Then it'll go back to how it is now.

There's always a way around everything, I mean looking at pirating software <3 lol but err umm yeah that's a different story, c-s hacks are mad lame.

I think it will reduce cheating 90-95%
if u think about the fact that VAC coders get paid to do their job and cheat makers do cheats for free...

I had to say yes.. just because I really want it to. I guess there will always be cheating to some degree though. Hopefully most of the scum will be scared off though.

I hope it works. The penalty sounds evil enough for cheating.

No!! I've seen SO many cheaters, even after VAC2.. :bounce:

Back