Pope John Paul II dies in Vatican

Fat Tony! said:
Yeah exactly those qualities made him a good pope, he is catholic and catholics believe in those sort of things. So for a catholic he is a pretty good one

Hm, right. So according to you all catholics are homophobe, misogynous hypocrites ....

bliink said:
I could lead as well as any man. the only thing getting in the way would be the establishment trying to stop me- which is the root problem that you're seemingly defending.
...also you would have to worry about the constant mood changes and hissy fits. :LOL:

Ok ok...j/k. :p

Please take all this political and sexist rubbish out of this thread Anomalous and Bliink, move it over to a seperate thread please.

The Pope might of been against homosexuality and might of been against women in the church, but he was for closer ties to the Muslim world and he did bring the Catholic church much closer to Islam and spoke out against criminal acts of humanity. Whether you disagree with his stand against women in religious posts of authority or homosexuality, he was still a guy that believed in what he thought was right and his faith in god.

The only unfortunate thing about religion is that we can't hear what god wants or how god wants us to act without all the political and religious bias.

He will be sorely missed, it's just so unfortunate that in this time of need and religious tension, he couldn't of done more due to his ill health. But when you're words mean a lot to people as they do the pope's words, even a few bed ridden words can change the world.

The Pope bases himself on the Bible. Were still talking about the Pope right? When you council men and women together is that you do it in large numbers. Counseling a woman if youre a man and vice versa isnt recommended.

Please don't turn such a thread into a "omg women have cootiez!" type thread... I believe women are just as capable as men.

Danimal said:
Please don't turn such a thread into a "omg women have cootiez!" type thread... I believe women are just as capable as men.

Exactly, so let's just leave this thread to honouring a great guy who has past away and gone to a better place.

Razor said:
Exactly, so let's just leave this thread to honouring a great guy who has past away and gone to a better place.

Agreed.. better get on topic

Although I am not religious, I believe he did a lot of good things.

I think that the bad things he did is as bad as the good things he did were good....

He did good. you have to respect him for going so far on his belief, learning all the languages... keeping the catholic faith going when its dying in the secular world.

Hm, right. So according to you all catholics are homophobe, misogynous hypocrites ....
You sir, use words that are far too long :p. Not just catholics, christians in general actually. Don't twist my words, the bible says something about gay being bad and all that sorta stuff it's been church policy to do all this stuff for ages. But the sexism bit is all good, Bliink here is a good example, here she is argueing away when she should be in the kitchen cleaning. Stupid girl!

Shakermaker said:
- He was against condoms and therefore causing an AIDS-genocide in Africa
For Christ's sake I'm sick of hearing this. Use some common sense.

IF SOMEONE IS GOING TO FOLLOW WHAT THE POPE SAYS, THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY NOT GOING TO BE DOING THINGS THAT NEED A CONDOM.

Think about it. The people heeding what the pope says are not out having sex. That point is moot.

Shakermaker said:
- He was against condoms and therefore causing an AIDS-genocide in Africa

That's the most dumb argument I've ever heared. He was encouraging abstinence and loyaltay to one partner. That is a 100% protection against all sexual diseases, unfortunately still better than any condom you use. I've read once how they made a publicly available condoms in Africa. They nailed them right through on a wooden pillar! Now, what is more effective, eh?
Don't tell me that those people in Africa didn't have the option to choose to have sex or not. What is much worse than not having a condom is that they don't have even a slightest idea what sex with someone unknown might cause!

Also the AIDs epidemic is mostly in Russia and africa...In africa, AIDs is being spread primarily in certain cultures...and not catholic the culture (I might Add). AIDs is not just caused by not using protection It is mainly because in some cultures It is socialy acceptable for the males to have sex with MANY women.

What I just said is a good enough argument against ur "The Pope Causes AIDs" statement, and I'm excluding the fact that the pope does not encourage multiple partners even though he does not support birth control. He also supports abstinence until marriage.

Fat Tony! said:
You sir, use words that are far too long :p. Not just catholics, christians in general actually. Don't twist my words, the bible says something about gay being bad and all that sorta stuff it's been church policy to do all this stuff for ages. But the sexism bit is all good, Bliink here is a good example, here she is argueing away when she should be in the kitchen cleaning. Stupid girl!

Well bible also says god is happy when childs are diing and wombs of pregnand woman is ripped open (Hosea 13:16). but after humanismus and stuff in renessance this stuff is outdated i think. u have to read bible and put it into context of the time teh blible was written and i think most modern katholik people agree with me. but there is much cristian fanatic in america i knew that took bible literally. :rolleyes:

edit: cristian fanatics might hate me becose they think god wrote bible and not human but i dont beleive this. god would not write book with so many boring passages ;) (any one remember when god told moses to build container for commandments for like 100 pages?)

:cat:

Back