Portal 2 Picks Up 3 Game Developers Choice Awards

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Valve had a successful night at the Game Developers Choice Awards picking up 3 awards against some tough opposition. Portal 2 won the categories for Best Narrative, Best Game Design and Best Sound.​
In each section Portal 2 came ahead of games such as The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Arkham City and LittleBigPlanet 2. Still the Game of the Year award went to Skyrim with Portal 2 coming in third place.​
awards.jpg

Time for a larger awards cabinet perhaps?

I suppose they're saying Mike Morasky's music is a cut above the rest! The triple album he released was quite popular too I think, perhaps that was considered.

Valve had a successful night at the Game Developers Choice Awards picking up 3 awards against some tough opposition. Portal 2 won the categories for Best Narrative, Best Game Design and Best Sound.​
In each section Portal 2 came ahead of games such as The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Arkham City and LittleBigPlanet 2. Still the Game of the Year award went to Skyrim with Portal 2 coming in third place.​

Time for a larger awards cabinet perhaps?

Test

I can definitely attest to the award for its narrative. I've never seen a plot as carefully crafted as this one. The various twists had me digging my fingernails into my head for not seeing them coming. The one involving Wheatley was the best example. I don't think anyone could have imagined such a gentle, humorous creature taking over as the antagonist. Really great.

Back