Portal 2 Sold Over 4 Million Copies

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
In an interview with David Sawyer, a key figure behind shipping the Puzzle Creator, he revealed that Portal 2 has sold over 4 million copies worldwide. As with many Valve games, the company sees increased sales during period of price drops (66% off now!) or new content being made available so that figure is likely to only rise more on the back of today's release of the PeTI DLC.

He also revealed more DLC could be still be coming out for Portal 2, now over a year old, with more content.
When we release new content in that pattern it's a very one-way conversation: we're giving our players something cool, then we go about working on the next bit. But with the PeTI update, we wanted to change that to be more of a conversation between us and the players. The update allows our players to tell us what's important to them, what they'd like to see next, and where they'd like to see Portal go

Meanwhile we've been keeping an eye on the good work being done by the Puzzle Creator users in the multiverse. I imagine Cave Johnson has a similiar opinion as Revenant100 who produced the map below.

bieber_valvetime-png.23437

Attachments

• bieber_valvetime.png
    bieber_valvetime.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 5,594
"Justin Beiber sucks?" What is this, the Youtube comments section? "Hurr hurr hey guys I said Justin Beiber sucks, upvote!"

In terms of the actual news, that's a pretty good number for all-time sales.

I would have guessed it would've been higher tbh.

Back