Portal Artwork

Penfold

Reaction score
Hi all

portallogodisplayiz2.jpg

I have already fallen in love with the recently announced Portal so much that I decided to replicate the logo myself (in Illustrator as vector). I have also made a Portal Desktop using a screengrab from the video. This is at 1280x1024, so lots of you will probably moan that I use a silly resolution, and I agree - it's not a proper aspect ratio, but hey, it displays my Steam games :cool: :

(if any of you politely request a different resolution desktop, I may be able to fix something up for you :) )

The logo will be linked to shortly once I get my FTP access back (details have changed). That way, you can all make your own artwork for Portal. The making of the logo took me about 1 - 1.5 hours! If you look very carefully compared to the official logo, the typeface I have used is not 100% accurate, but it's damn close.

Below is a transparent png that should be big enough for most stuff:

(if you need a bigger version, just post here or PM me)

I will upload the vector version somewhere else as soon as possible, and will post here to release it.

Of course, logo copyright belongs to: © 1995-2006 Valve Corporation. Valve, the Portal logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation. I do not take any credit for the original logo created by Valve, this is only a re-creation.

I'm also currently working on the Aperture Labratories (no, not Laboratories) logo, and will hopefully post this soon as well.

In the meantime, enjoy! :D

Let me know what you think please....... :cheese:

its kind of too boring for my background taste
but decentnone the less

How do people come up with that shit.
Orlyyarlyprtlrly.

:LOL:

Best usage of a Portal screen-capture and the ORLY owl EVER.

Initially, I want to put the logo of portal in it. But after all, nothing is better than an OrlyOwl.

New, fixed some details:
orlyfinalizedxm9.png

And I am trying to link Portal and HL2 together since they are set in the same universe. Not very good though.

breen2533535997ab7.png

I give you the file of an empty portal, so that you can put most of the things in it. Make sure you blurred the edge of the portal before you finish the picture so as to make it look more smoothly.

Empty portal, a psd(photoshop) file.
http://files.filefront.com/Empty_Portalpsd/;5292175;;/fileinfo.html

Maybe we could set up a contest on it.

p.s. I have tried to insert a nude Alyx picture in it. The whole picture looks like I have generated a patrol and I am peeking at bathing Alyx secretly. But I won't post it here, I don't want to get banned. :p

Hoorah, all the fun with none of the work. Thank you little Chinese man!

p.s. I have tried to insert a nude Alyx picture in it. The whole picture looks like I have generated a patrol and I am peeking at bathing Alyx secretly. But I won't post it here, I don't want to get banned. :p

A patrol? Do you mean portal?

PS. That's just sick, man :D.

here's my little attempt.

Attachments

• kingportal.jpeg
    kingportal.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 218
Couldnt make a nice dual-screen wallpaper could you?

2560x1024 is my res. Would be cool :)

Actully, I've never noticed this, but in CO are you from JK? And that .gif never ceases to make me laugh.

Back