Portal Modification-->Help Wanted

A

Amadeus101st

I'm an amateur mapper who is going to begin production on a full scale modification for Portal.

I am looking for a team of dedicated, experienced artists and coders in order to create a game that can rival Portal. Members must be ambitious, talented, and able to work with a structured team environment.

I am in need of...
Mappers
Texture Artists
Sound Artists
Modelers
Animators
Concept Artists

Past work is necessary.

Most importantly I am in need of a coder who understands the source engine and would be able to create a new gameplay mechanic that has yet to be seen in Portal or any of the maps that have been released. This mechanic will remain a secret until the first media release.

My email address is [email protected]

Let me know if you are interested in helping with the production of the mod. Work with the mappers cannot commence until the engine is fully prepared with the necessary accommodations of the gameplay.

Can I see some examples of your previous work, I think it would help everyone here better know what they are getting into.

Most importantly I am in need of a coder who understands the source engine and would be able to create a new gameplay mechanic that has yet to be seen in Portal or any of the maps that have been released. This mechanic will remain a secret until the first media release.

You'll have a much easier time finding people if you tell them exactly what the project is going to be about.

Concept Behind Mod

The mod deals with gravity as a major part of the puzzles. In Portal, gravity works one way: down. In this mod, the gravity works on four sides (up, down, left, and right). This would allow for walking on ceilings and walls and it would literally open up new dimensions of game play for the player.

Good luck with that.

I had this massive reply all written out but didn't think it would do any good so I erased it all and will instead simply say 'good luck with this' and wander off into the darkness.

Good luck with that. I have the most excellent mod concept ever lying around all fleshed out and everything that I can't make because I can't find a coder to do exactly what you're looking for (having gravity go in any arbitrary direction).

Well once again, if anybody is interested drop me a line.

Back