Portal Speedrunning

W

wip3d

Hey all.

Yesterday i thought i would try to speedrun Portal, and i decided i was gonna go for the whole game. Unfortunately I got very bored when i reached Chamber 14, but that fitted me well, considering the 10 minute limit there is on youtube. So here is 10 minutes of speedrunning by me. I think i did quite well, considering I got ran it all, and got the video done in like 3-4 hours. Enjoy!
If anyone else has some cool speedruns for Portal or just wants to talk about it, go ahead.
If anyone could be interested in creating a Portal - Done Quick team with me, talk to me on xfire: wip3d

LINKY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzcbti5pGUU

Nice video.

Random observation, but I didn't notice GlaDOS spoke spanish in the beginning until now.

How did you get stuck sideways?

Impressing! so your always stuck upside down after the last test in the video?

Good video, weird that you get stuck upside down and on your side, but the music kept the pace going, nice job.

No, I wasn't stuck sideways when I played. I recorded a demo in-game, and it is that demo itself, that has some bugs.

I used Fraps to record the video, and Sony Vegas 8 Pro to edit it.

About the spanish talk in the beginning... you can enable captions ingame, and then use Google Translate (or something like it) to translate the spanish text. I don't know what it means... ;)

Ha, towards the end when the bug had kicked in and your view was permanently tilted I kept finding myself tilting my head to the side to view it properly.

:p

You can always upload videos longer than 10 minutes to Google Videos.

Ha, towards the end when the bug had kicked in and your view was permanently tilted I kept finding myself tilting my head to the side to view it properly.

:p

Same here.

Very impressive speedrun, I congradulate you on your accomplishment :)

I know!!

What does that Spanish mean?
spanoshul5.png

Means:
Please refrain from failing thank you fail thanks

Nice. On my first run through the game it took me about 12 or 13 mins to get where you did. Such a simple game :|

Thank you all. And stay tuned, as i might do a speedrun of the whole game.
The portal done quick team at speedrunarchive will definitely beat me, as I am only one person, but getting out there with the first speedrun would be fine for me. Atleast I couldn't find any speedruns of the whole game yet.

Nice video. I hadn't even considered the solution you used in Chamber 13. Strange bugs, though.

Back