Possible 'gold' party today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
>What's the point of keeping this thread up?

for cheap kicks...

Also, we're all geeks enough to want to know asap when this sucker goes gold.

crumbles

rhymes with nothing

Originally posted by Solid_Raiden
What's the point of keeping this thread up?

Why not? What does it matter to you? Is it just one more thread for you to see in the list of threads? I dont get why you'd ask that..

Originally posted by Slapwagon
The last thing Valve needs is a bunch of fanboys showing up and causing a security problem. Leave them alone I say.

Eh, gabe loves his fans, he'll understand ^_^

i just cant get off this forum, but i know i need to get off and do my punching bag workout. arghghasdkgfsd

^
You just said that the party was for Microsoft

*sigh* I, as well as a couple others on this forum, have e-mailed Gabe to see what's up with the game's status...not just if they threw a party or not. Read the e-mail I pasted on this thread.

yea spitcodfry is right. if gabe responds he can tell us!

have you seen gabe man?

I dought Gabe will respond.

Etherway it will be interesting to see what happens when u pay them a visit.

Then again if it is a great party they might be to drunk to notice that yoru not supposed to be there.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
*sigh* I, as well as a couple others on this forum, have e-mailed Gabe to see what's up with the game's status...not just if they threw a party or not. Read the e-mail I pasted on this thread.

Which I did. I read this entire topic.

Originally posted by commando
yea spitcodfry is right. if gabe responds he can tell us!

have you seen gabe man?

Nope, sorry. If I do I'll try to get a picture with him.

Originally posted by Slapwagon
The last thing Valve needs is a bunch of fanboys showing up and causing a security problem. Leave them alone I say.

This is actually the last thing we really want as well (i think, right guys? Guys?). We're kidding alot on the board (for kicks), but Spitcod is just taking initiative to do some basic investigative reportage.

I'm sure he'll be polite and respectful of valve and its release of information...(uh, right Spit?)

crumbles

rhymes with don't do anything remotely illegal or dickish

Originally posted by indocomplexity
Why not? What does it matter to you? Is it just one more thread for you to see in the list of threads? I dont get why you'd ask that..

I'm saying is that the party was Microsoft's. I don't think Gabe will respond on a Microsoft party!

come on man yea gabe may respond....but why straight away?

he may be out somewhere, he may be jus sitting in his house with the first on, hl2 on his pc, and a pet headcrab with a beer on it's head waiting for gabe to take it! who knows

haha, i think after the 5 years of staring at the same people they wouldnt forget or not notice new faces... I'm just curious how'll you'll get past the laser tripmines at the entrance, those guys play for keeps

Which I did. I read this entire topic.

I'm sorry you're not getting the attention you deserve. Perhaps you should start your own thread, that way you can bother people and know that they came to your thread to be bothered.

I DIDN'T MEAN "FIRST ON" i meant "TV ON" have no idea why i said FIRST

Wishes he had some sandwiches right now. Oh well I wil check back later to see if he responded.

I was looking for Valve in Bellevue today, and almost gave up. As I was walking back to my car through the Bank of America building, I glanced at the building number and it matched with what directory assistance told me the location of Valve was.

I noticed there was a reception of some sort going on in a room at the lobby---and lemme tell you, these people didn't look like the type with social lives. This is pure bullshit speculation, but it's possible that Valve was throwing a 'gold' party or something like it. Here's hoping that was what it was.

One guy glared at me through the window as if he thought I was some sort of spy.

Yeah, I know this is like no evidence whatsoever but it still kept me hopeful.

hey if you actually did that , thats pretty cool. :cheers:

he may be out somewhere, he may be jus sitting in his house with the first on, hl2 on his pc, and a pet headcrab with a beer on it's head waiting for gabe to take it! who knows

i said this above...but if u read it, it says.... "he may be sitting in his house with the FIRST on," i meant TV ON not FIRST lol

Originally posted by Blud Stane
I'm just curious how'll you'll get past the laser tripmines at the entrance, those guys play for keeps

LOL. That's awesome. yeah....these Valve people might be pretty hardcore...

This whole thing never occurred to me... what kind of security doo you think they have so people can't just walk in and maybe catch a glimpse of a computer screen running HL2 or worse take and leak it to the public? They must have some door where you have to hold up your Valve ID or something... I dunno. The whole "walk-in" thing just didn't cross my mind until this thread popped up.

Originally posted by AmishSlayer

This whole thing never occurred to me... what kind of security doo you think they have so people can't just walk in and maybe catch a glimpse of a computer screen running HL2 or worse take and leak it to the public? They must have some door where you have to hold up your Valve ID or something... I dunno. The whole "walk-in" thing just didn't cross my mind until this thread popped up.

Swipe Cards... probably ;)

heh heh...pet headcrab...with a beer on its head....genious.

lol i would love a pet headcrab. on that will bring me beer on it's head and "hurt" the ppl i hate LOL.

bk to topic spitcodfry...somewhere in your post where you said that one of the people saw u through the window and thought you was a spy....well guess what....they thought right!

LoL want gabe to reply :)

Originally posted by shapeshifter
EH? didnt dress up like the g-man? no nvidia lawayer gag? aaww ;P

Yeah yeah I know...I should've....woulda taken a while to perfect the g-man look, though.

er, well you have the right, building, but you don't know the suite number do you? :)

Hey Spitcodfry,
Whats the time there now??
(can't work it out,anyway it means taking of shoes to count and all that)

Originally posted by AmishSlayer

Maybe you need a key to access the floor via the elevator. Turn it, then press the button. Something like that perhaps.

Originally posted by Mjolnir
Hey Spitcodfry,
Whats the time there now??
(can't work it out,anyway it means taking of shoes to count and all that)

3:51 pm

Originally posted by MaDMaXX
er, well you have the right, building, but you don't know the suite number do you? :)

Read on a gamespy preview its the second floor...as soon as you get off you can't miss the valve logo with an arrow pointing down the hall.

Originally posted by Foggy
This thread is hilarious. you are THE man if you go back tomorrow and take a shot of Gabe. You'll get my official 'Fan of the Year' award!
Or a restraining order...

Also - the people wanting to e-mail Gabe to confirm... When was the last party you went to where you checked your e-mail halfway through? Wow, now that'd be hardcore partying going on right there.
If it's true, then they ought to be far too busy having a good time to confirm the snivellings of us little scumlings...

Read on a gamespy preview its the second floor...as soon as you get off you can't miss the valve logo with an arrow pointing down the hall.
Not to mention the huge transcendental glow gushing forth from their front door...:hmph:

worldspawn, too many complaints have been made about you.
Consider this an official warning.

Clean up your act now or face a ban.

Maybe you need a key to access the floor via the elevator. Turn it, then press the button. Something like that perhaps.
You should probably make your way through the ducts. As you enter the building, be sure to ask yourself 'What would Gordon do?', and stay in character at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back