Possible screenshot from Half-Life 3 (not one from yesterday)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitcodfry

Reaction score
Now I know this one looks quite similar to the one we saw yesterday...especially from the look of the hand and crowbar...but I can't tell if it's fake or not. Some of the surfaces look like possible textures, but a lot of you guys are the experts when it comes to this sort of thing so you tell me. I found this posted on halflife2.filefront.com today: possible Half-Life 2 screenshot?

You know, it really is something when game graphics are advancing so much that one can question whether or not something is a screenshot or a photograph. We've come a long ways from the days of Wolfenstein folks---spitcodfry

i would say that its a fake the background looks more like a photograph to me

They haven't even began working on it yet. And do you really not see that that is from real life?

<sarcasm>

wow, it looks so real and life-like ...
:dozey:

</sarcasm>

The_Monkey said:
They haven't even began working on it yet. And do you really not see that that is from real life?

No I don't. After seeing the Unreal Engine 3 tech demo I don't know what to think when it comes to things like this.

wow. first of all- when valve takes a screenshot it usually has hud off. Second, can you still tell the difference from games and real life?

and wouldn't gordon have his hazard gloves part of his suit on when hes holding the crowbar? plus if a hl3 screenshot arrived- it would first be on steampowered.com most likely. or hl2.net
and if you look at the comments. The site admin posted "half life as real as real life lol"
dont mean to flame you spitcodfry. You are a highly respected valve visitor :D

Pauly said:
and wouldn't gordon have his hazard gloves part of his suit on when hes holding the crowbar?
maybe, just maybe, in HL3 gordon's wearing his birthday suit ...

:naughty:

looks like someone is posting "HL3 screenshots" throught the internet

whoevever believe it is idiot

You can tell that it's real by lighting, high-res textures (gee, high res textures in real world, now I am great) and detalisation level. It's still some time before there will be screenshots that can be mistaken for real life, still some years. Unreal3 engine might be able to pull it off, though, but maybe not, it's anyway another 3-4 years till it appears.

Absolute bullshit.

If you think this is Half Life 3 then you have a brain smaller than a mushroom. And a really tiny mushroom at that.

It's just computer edited photo mixed up whith hud from HL2...nothing specjal for me.
I'm wayting for HL4 screens ;)

what i think is nice about this picture is that it was well chosen so that it has the possibility to be hl3, i'm unsure wether the blur is added, but its well chosen, if you look at what objects are in the background, forklift blocks, dumpsters, fences, hmm they seem vagualy familiar.

Its like the doom 4 video of the guy shooting his dog with a water pistol..

If it was hl3.. the hud would be different..
and the hand looks like one of a fat teenage computer geek

edit

oh and if theres a HUD.. where isnt he wearing gloves??

spitcodfry said:
Now I know this one looks quite similar to the one we saw yesterday...especially from the look of the hand and crowbar...but I can't tell if it's fake or not. Some of the surfaces look like possible textures, but a lot of you guys are the experts when it comes to this sort of thing so you tell me. I found this posted on halflife2.filefront.com today: possible Half-Life 2 screenshot?

You know, it really is something when game graphics are advancing so much that one can question whether or not something is a screenshot or a photograph. We've come a long ways from the days of Wolfenstein folks---spitcodfry
WTF.. you really think there is a slight possibility that that screen would be from HL³ ? its a gdamn photograph with a hl2 hud in it.

When a supposedly photo realistic image has blurrier FSAA than the Geforce FX generation... Something is terribly wrong...

I hope this is a joke, because is funny how you are reacting seriously.

I am sad that:

A: People thought this was a screenshot of a gme
and
B: People are telling him that it's not a screenshot, but when they do so they refer to the "textures" and "resolution" in real life.

When games get that realistic I don't want to play them anymore. I use games as escapism.

guys this screenshot is meant as a joke.
i mean come on.

omfg. how gullible can people be?
-------------------------------------
fat teenage geek = 1
spitcodfry = 0

It Crazy though because the Person who took this picture found the same type of wood/plank that was used in HL2. yet the problem is the fact that Gordon is not wearing his hazard suit and why would VALVe advertise a random website in there game?

Wow, as close as any game got to a 1 megapixel webcam!

Wildhound said:
I can't believe this thread actually exists. :eek:

Indeed, you're all still speculating over something you know is fake hehe..

closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back