Post your ragdoll pics !! (56K warning)

a tragic love story

Attachments

• saddsadsa.JPG
    saddsadsa.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 581
Yes ragdolls are client side.

SPECULATION MODE

But I think the server gives the client a base value, for instance a T gets shot with an AK in the leg the server will tell the client "ok this client has been hit with this force and this direction" and it's up to the client to work out how the ragdoll would fall. Because from what i've seen ragdolls are rarely 2-8 inches difference from everyones view.

Mr. Redundant
PLEASE convert your future pics to .jpg. It's killing my dial-up. :angel:

^Ben said:
Yes ragdolls are client side.

SPECULATION MODE

But I think the server gives the client a base value, for instance a T gets shot with an AK in the leg the server will tell the client "ok this client has been hit with this force and this direction" and it's up to the client to work out how the ragdoll would fall. Because from what i've seen ragdolls are rarely 2-8 inches difference from everyones view.

Yeah, or how would it show up on the other peoples computers when I shoot a ragdolled body in the face after it's dead?

Probably same thing.

Server tells client that hit box has been hit with this weapon facing this direction. Only a small amount of data probably needs to be sent.

Being a cop is a hard job you know, everybody have to take a break sometimes

fikapaus.jpg

;) I dont have a good hosting thing or anything...but check these small pics out:

detail

detail

detail

detail

detail

detail

There ya go..im just bored so i thought id post these pics,just 3 more minutes till preload!

It probably won't preload until 3:00PM EST.

Let's see some more pics! This thread is great.

I wonder where Valve got the idea that the physics were GOOD? Most of the positions in these pics remind me of Raven Shield *shudders*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Pauly001/de_dust0028.jpg
http://www.undertheinfluence.org/~mrredundant/CSSource/3.jpg
I mean, is this supposed to be realistic? I don't think so :p Yeah I'm aware that it's just a beta but still... Sure they are funny to look at but now I have a lot of faith in the physics-engine. I was under the impression that it would be practically revolutionary (okay most of the physics so far have been damn impressive in HL2) but this is just silly imho ;(

Alec_85 said:
I wonder where Valve got the idea that the physics were GOOD? Most of the positions in these pics remind me of Raven Shield *shudders*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Pauly001/de_dust0028.jpg
http://www.undertheinfluence.org/~mrredundant/CSSource/3.jpg
I mean, is this supposed to be realistic? I don't think so :p Yeah I'm aware that it's just a beta but still... Sure they are funny to look at but now I have a lot of faith in the physics-engine. I was under the impression that it would be practically revolutionary (okay most of the physics so far have been damn impressive in HL2) but this is jsut silly imho ;(

It is possible. Its because people shot around while they're dead and stuff..got naded and whatever..

TST_Devgru Seal said:
It is possible. Its because people shot around while they're dead and stuff..got naded and whatever..
Aah. Didn't think of that ;)

TST_Devgru Seal said:

yeah in that pic he linked to of mine, I was shot in the head, chest and the legs at the same time.. so I ended up in that weird positions.
however the ragdolls are the best I have seen in a game, same for the physics.

jonnyapps said:
wouldn't it be cool if the manipulator was usable - shoot an enemy dead then pick him up and blast him into his buddies to kill them 2.

Yah, then adjust the manipulator physics so it could pick up cars. I would launch that old rust bucket car right at the entire CT team. LOL. But on a more realistic level, its to bad no FPS games allow you to use your hands to pik up stuff. Like say a rock or a piece of debri, to throw it and distract a enemy. I would dropping cinder blocks off the bridge in dust onto peoples heads. lol. I cant wait for the possibilities.

ARgh, I've banned from this forum :rolleyes: ... I hope you will post more screens when you'll get the beta tomorow. :D

razorblade kiss said:
Yah, then adjust the manipulator physics so it could pick up cars. I would launch that old rust bucket car right at the entire CT team..

And if you didn't kill them with the rusty car, they would get lockjaw (or in CS:Source case) lockfoot..

Spitfire88 said:
ARgh, I've banned from this forum :rolleyes: ... I hope you will post more screens when you'll get the beta tomorow. :D

Banination! :eek:

ive got a video of my friend using the skywalk bug to get up to a high distance and he suicied :|... the falling death when you hit the ground is so good looking. I dunno where to host It tho :(

Some more ragdolls

Attachments

• de_dust0321.jpg
    de_dust0321.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 568
  • de_dust0317.jpg
    de_dust0317.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 501
  • de_dust0297.jpg
    de_dust0297.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 449
  • de_dust0275.jpg
    de_dust0275.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 478
  • de_dust0220.jpg
    de_dust0220.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 511
hehe this one is kinda cool...

Attachments

• screenshot (Medium).jpg
    screenshot (Medium).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 537
10char etc

Attachments

• whereswally.jpg
    whereswally.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 447
  • eatdirt.jpg
    eatdirt.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 429
This one isn't that great, Enjoy!

Don't know why my screenshot quality is so bad.....

Attachments

• Gravel inspecter.jpg
    Gravel inspecter.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 455
Meet Sam, a man of many great talents.

Attachments

• de_dust0002.jpg
    de_dust0002.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 441
HackerHellStorm-de_dust0002.jpg

i got shot and my dead body just sat like that on its knees...never fell over lol

hay Cram1nBLAZE that used to hapen alot in ut2004, they just added some random motion and it fixed it.

BTW the rag-dols in ut2004 are alot better than in source. i hope they fix them up.

and another note. AAO dosnt use rag dolls it uses somthing like halo uses that kinda simulates them, you still get peoples heads sticking thro walls etc...

Bigcheese said:
hay Cram1nBLAZE that used to hapen alot in ut2004, they just added some random motion and it fixed it.

BTW the rag-dols in ut2004 are alot better than in source. i hope they fix them up.

and another note. AAO dosnt use rag dolls it uses somthing like halo uses that kinda simulates them, you still get peoples heads sticking thro walls etc...

UT2004 has the worst ragdoll and AmericasArmy does use ragdoll.

Back