Post your Workstation (again) :D

`unreal

Reaction score
Heh it's time again. Well for me anyhow, since I haven't posted mine yet.

Just post pictures of your computer (doesn't have to be self built, but thats always more impressive ;)), which is the actual physical workstation (so we can see your monitor,etc) rather than the on-screen desktop. But feel free to post pics of your computer itself, or other general pics you think others will find interesting. I'm going to be posting this on the huge [H]ard|Ocp forums too.

Sorry for some blurry images, due to long exposure on my poor digital cam. Basic specs can be found in my sig.

I got my new Widescreen LCD monitor :D :D :D it's one of the best upgrades I have EVER made. Currently running at 1680x1050.

ahead5ak.jpg

coast0kh.jpg

computer0ju.jpg

cssspawn9xs.jpg

rightside0rl.jpg

uv2qu.jpg

Yes another e-penis thread, but I paid so damn much for that I feel guilty not doing it :D. Upgrades to come are a new keyboard/mouse, 512mb more RAM and another Hard Drive.

YOUR TURN!

p.s. why are IMG tags disabled :(

Heres my PC (for games and uni work) and my bedside fanless server (on 24/7 for downloading and hosting stuff :))

I built them both myself, the ITX one was hardest because it's all so compact in there... was worth the effort though :)

Attachments

• pobzpc.jpg
    pobzpc.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 346
  • pobzserver.jpg
    pobzserver.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 358
Wow thats some neat set up there. I was thinking about getting the eluminx keyboard, but i decided to get the Logitech 3100 Cordless bundle, which has the mx1000 mouse :D

img tags are only available in Art design furms :p

My screen was robbed out a skip :p
1360 1024 res @ a whopping 60 Hz ;(

Img tags should be allowed everywhere..

I want the 6800gt back! Got some more lights and a window coming next week. Will post more pics when its sorted..

Attachments

• rig.jpg
    rig.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 326
WySiWyG said:
I want the 6800gt back! Got some more lights and a window coming next week. Will post more pics when its sorted..
You plan on re-placing that mac with one of those new mac minis?

This is an old picture. The layout is the same, but at the moment my room is covered with my artwork.

Attachments

• ItsARoom.jpg
    ItsARoom.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 338
Tr0n said:
You plan on re-placing that mac with one of those new mac minis?

They look sweet but I doubt it. I dont reckon that tiny thing can handle a heavy work flow. I think its more aimed at mac virgins, for browsing and emails and that. Would be slick as part of a home entertainment system hooked up to a fat tv.

I think I'll be replacing it with a G5. Need to get the 6800 tho first, then some flat screens. Then some..

If only I was minted..

the cluster is used for rendering/fileserver
The workstation I do alot of video editing and related things... (4GB of RAM comes in handy :) )

I'd take pictures of mine, but its easily described.

Imigine a refrigerator box, with a large square cut out in the middle to place your legs in. Now, picture a monitor and computer on there, and there's my workstation!

Kidding... kidding. I just have a simple, old desk. My monitor is in the center, and the tower is on the ground beside it next to my battery backup. I like simplicity.

Nice desktop guys! I was going to get that Sharp LCD Baal, but i ended up going for a larger LCD so i didn't have to even think about upgrading for time to come. Its apparently one of the best 17"-19" LCD's about.

MORE ;D

WySiWyG said:
I hope you blue tacked those bottles down, they are begging to fall off! I had some chunk of metal balanced on my montor that fell off, cut my hand open and near on destroyed my mouse.

Hehe, nah, they aren't taped or tacked, I just put them there for the picture. Now they're beside my two front speakers. :)

I aint got a pic of dekstop only of the case, but n e ways here it is..
Case

I like your case lister, looks teh cool :thumbs:

Heres my workstation, bit different to all ya's desktops but i love my little laptop.

Inspirion 5150
2.6ghz, 512mb RAM, gf 5200 64mb, 1400x1050 res, wi-fi 54mbps, creative 2.1 Itrigue (i love my sub :D)

pic 1
Pic 2

Noswad

... my workstation has changed enough in the last 3 months for me to re-post, so I'll bite.

Whee!
Dos!

Heh, the time stamp is wrong, by the way. It's not an ancient photo, although my desk is a little tidier!

Dr_Noswad said:

Heres my workstation, bit different to all ya's desktops but i love my little laptop.

Inspirion 5150
2.6ghz, 512mb RAM, gf 5200 64mb, 1400x1050 res, wi-fi 54mbps, creative 2.1 Itrigue (i love my sub :D)

pic 1
Pic 2

Noswad
Whats with the quiksilver sticker?

On another note...Noswad is my last name, backwards! :O

Farrowlesparrow said:
Whats with the quiksilver sticker?

On another note...Noswad is my last name, backwards! :O
We learn somethin new everyday eh dawson? :D

heres mine :) yes its a mess, no need to tell me

i'm moving out soon its just a temp room :D

Lol he has these skirting board things missing on the side, and one time i was at his place and one actually fell on me and nearly KILLED ME ;O ;O :mad: ;-( It even landed nail-side down.

Luckily i dodged death, and just gave him a kick in the tackles in return for that experience.

lePobz said:
Nice monitor though, is that the X-Black?

yep :D and theres a 6800 ultra in the case....its a bland case though

These R Soma Niec Workstations!!!! Omg Wtf Lol

Dr_Noswad said:

Inspirion 5150

pic 1
Pic 2

Noswad

STOP COPYING ME! SAME SPEAKERS! LAPTOP! BUT MY KEYBOARD IS BIGGER HAHAHA!

Ranga said:
u think urs is messy??? check out mine!

http://img132.exs.cx/img132/2800/dirtyroom2zh.jpg

lol, not mine. Bash.org messy desktop contest :D

OMG that looks like my dads workplace ;O

Everyone seems to have dual monitors.... when i got my new tft i used my old 19" CRT with it, but I just preferred one myself. Mind you, people can make good use of them, and it helps if you have pretty similar monitors.

`unreal said:
OMG that looks like my dads workplace ;O

Everyone seems to have dual monitors.... when i got my new tft i used my old 19" CRT with it, but I just preferred one myself. Mind you, people can make good use of them, and it helps if you have pretty similar monitors.

I'm a one monitor kinda guy. :smoking:

I use 3 for a reason ;)

I do quite a bit of graphics so the dual monitor on my main rig is very usefully to get the canvis on one screen with tools on the other, usualy winamp as well.

The third monitor on the left is dualed up to my laptop meaning I can have MSN windows and downloads doing without brining me outa games when I start them up.

I also use a peice of software called "Synergy" http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

Its basicaly a KVM switch (keyboard video mouse) but it works across a network and just with the mouse and keyboard. It means that although there is no hardware link between the two computers (apart from the network cable through my hub) I can move the mouse from my main rig off the edge to the left, like you would with a dual monitor, and it appears on my laptop :) Realy is the shit

thats nice i want 3 flat screens :) but i need a job ;)

anyone want a full time lazy fok!! ??

Joims, don't you know that the Dole is a wage for lazy chavvy folk like you?

Back