Problem with RAM or something

NeoNight

Reaction score
Ok a while back I made a post in a thread about a stick of ram I added to my computer that was causing windows to restart when playing a game (such as CSS) or the game would crash giving a memory error. Before posted I had jumped the gun as they say and sent the Ram stick back ( RMA ). I got a new stick used it and have the same problem. I then took out the old one and left the new one as suggested.

I have no problems with either chip when left alone. When combined I have a problem. So my guess would be that they are incompatible. I can't understand how can that be when they are the same Brand and model. I checked the memory timings/cas latency settings and noticed that they where different for each chip (despite both chips being the same brand and model). Both chips are from PQI and both are MD4412UOE 512MB DDR-400 Pc3200. The cas latency for both are 2.5 and the memory timings are 3,3,7 for the old and 4,4,8 for the new.

My motherboard is a Biostar M7NCD Pro, I was going to try and update the Bios again. Only problem is the fact that my floppy drive stoped working after I installed my BFG geforce 6800gt 256mb vid card. I am thinking my floopy isn't getting enough power or something. My psu is a 480 watt. HELP! :rolling: lol if it isn't one thing its another. I can't update my bios since I don't have a floppy drive to use right now unless I can fix the floppy. :x

edit: ok I called up Tech support for Biostar and turns out I HAVE to use dual channel memory. I thought I could just get another 512 ram stick and use it. >.<

Back