Project a cameras view on a brush?

B

burzum

Is it possible to project the image of a camera on a brush?

I want to create a shootingrange map for testing the weapons in my mod and want to place a camera in front of the target and a display that shows the cameras view near the players shooting location.

If it is possible, how can i do it? Thank you!

Place an info_target where you want the camera to point to and give it a name, say "target1".

Go to your camera and set the "entity to point at" as the name of your info_target. (In this case target1)

To create the projected image, however, you must create a brush, tie it to func_monitor, and texture one side of it with one of the dev_tvmonitor textures, I prefer dev_comintmonitor1a as it seems to have the clearest picture, but there are several you can try. Be sure to "fit" the monitor texture to the brush to make it "full screen". Give each camera entity a name and then under properties of your func_monitor you should see "camera name", set each monitor to a corresponding camera.
Also take note that whatever the camera is projecting is rendered as though it were additional world geometry, as in, it could get costly to have lots of cameras, if they have enough of your map in their frame of view, and if the map area is very large.

Back