PSP Acting Wierd. Will not read UMDs. Please, for the love of God, help me!

intothep0rtal

Reaction score
I'm going to be as blunt as I can: WHAT THE F***!?! I'm real sorry to be bothering you guys with this but my PSP is acting strange and I need help. So here's what's going on: First of all it's not reading UMDs. But just yesterday I poked around with the small platform thing that the laser is attatched to, moved it around a little, put a game in and it worked! But then my bro try to put a disk in the wrong way. I don't know if this effected the PSP at all because the game played fine. But when he pushed the on/off trigger up (quickly like, for sleep mode or w/e) and I turned it back on later the screen just froze for a second or two then just flahsed off. I tried putting a UMD in but it just sits there with the loading circle in the corner for about 30 seconds then "The disk could not be read" comes up. But now, today, I tried messing around with the laser track and pushed the laser all the way to the right (I know I might regret that later) and when I put a UMD in, it sounds fine...the laser moves to the left...it just sits there loading for about 30 seconds, but now instead of the error message coming up it just shuts down. And to make things wierder, when I turn on the PSP and go to battery information, it said power source or w/e "battery" then "external" then "battery" then "external". What the hell? Please, any insight would be greatly appreciated. And actually give a good solution if you have one.

Why were you messing with the laser thing? you just made it worse. anyway I never really used the umd for my PSP, so I wouldn't really care. I think your screwed.

wrong section though I think.

If you can warranty the bastard. If not ask Sony how much it'll cost you.

Back