Quake 4...

Z

Zerimski

MESQUITE, Texas, May 16, 2005: id SoftwareTM announced today that it is bringing QUAKE 4TM to the Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Currently in development by Raven Software in cooperation with id Software, the game will be debuted at the E3 Expo in Activision's booth #1224 in the South Hall on May 18 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

"QUAKE 4 utilizes the power of our groundbreaking DOOM 3® engine to transport players into a war-torn science-fiction universe graphically realized like never before," said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. "We're excited to bring the next generation experience to a new breed of console game fans."

QUAKE 4 is the first game to utilize id Software's revolutionary DOOM 3 technology. In the game, you are Matthew Kane, an elite member of Rhino Squad and Earth's valiant invasion force. Fight alone, with your squad, and in hover tanks and mechanized walkers as you engage in a heroic mission into the heart of the Strogg war machine. But, in this epic war between worlds, the only way to defeat the Strogg is to become one of them. Battle through early missions as a deadly marine, then after your capture as a marine-turned-Strogg with enhanced abilities and the power to turn the tide of the war.

They seem to be forgetting something...

i'm confused now.

Doom3 didn't use its own technology?

Doom 3 obviously didn't get the chance to harness the true power of its own engine :p All those shadows must've severely limited what they could actually display...

"Wow, we've got reflections working perfectly! You can see that imp's face in the shiny metal wall!"

"No you can't..."

"Well, you could if it wasn't so damn dark."

I think they mean its the first game on the Xbox360 to use the DOOM 3 engine. ;) Come on people.

Prince of China said:
Prey is also using the Doom III engine.

You're forgetting one thing. Prey is never going to be released.

Apparently they mean other than DoomIII. Common people, use your noggins! They are there for a reason!

Well in that case, Return to Castle Wolfenstein was the first game to use the Quake III engine. Apart from all those before it.

CrazyHarij said:
You're forgetting one thing. Prey is never going to be released.

Hey, it's the Human Head dudes this time around. It's not like 3DR is there to directly **** it all up.

So Quake 4 SP is gonna be a tweaked remake of Quake 2's SP?

Zerimski said:
Well in that case, Return to Castle Wolfenstein was the first game to use the Quake III engine. Apart from all those before it.
No, by their understanding, whatever game used the Quake 3 engine immediately after Quake 3 was released was the first game to use the Q3 engine

I don't understand why it doesnt use the Super Mario Bros. engine, those pixels are leet

IonizeMyAtoms said:
No, by their understanding, whatever game used the Quake 3 engine immediately after Quake 3 was released was the first game to use the Q3 engine

But it's already been announced that Prey will be using the engine. They may be correct on those conditions, but those conditions are not stated, they are assumed. You can't make bold statements like that and not expect people to find issue with it.

Anything that means I get to hear "Trespasser!" again is :thumbs: in my book.

Berzerker beats all! He will smash you into t3h pit! Then sharpen his spike-for-an-arm!

Back